Optimized CPU usage
7%
MuSynth as VST plugin
2%
More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
1%
Time Stretching
13%
Loop composer / clip launcher mode for intuitively building up patterns / live performances
16%
Freezing
8%
Arpeggiator / Step sequencer module, embeddable into front panels
14%
Scalable user interface, customizable fonts
3%
Other, specified in post
7%
None
2%

Total votes: 209

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's your biggest wish for M7?

ooooops, please ignore, already used up the two...

thanks for the poll, all the best...
Last edited by NadirToZenith on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goal is to vote within the list because these are the possible working points i have in mind for M7. Not all of them will be possible for M7 so hence the poll. If your biggest wish is not in the list, then you can specify it in a post. If several posts refer to a same unlisted wish i'll add it as a poll option so you can vote for it.

My biggest wish will always be WaitNote, as it makes it so much easier when recording. But, failing that...

I chose Freezing as one, is this same as bouncing tracks? ie, rendering a track or tracks including FX as an audio file and placing onto a new track?

My second choice was Arp/Step Seq Module. Will this be a simple 16 step affair or as long as you want?

Also, do you ever plan on adding audio editing into MuLab at some future stage? Or is this simply a no, use an external editor?

Thanks Jo

sl23 wrote:I chose Freezing as one, is this same as bouncing tracks? ie, rendering a track or tracks including FX as an audio file and placing onto a new track?
Well that functionality, as you describe it, is already in there. But this is about bringing this a step further so that freezing a track and unfreezing/updating a frozen track ideally only takes 1 click. I would have to research this further, but planning such research also depends on the interest in it.
My second choice was Arp/Step Seq Module. Will this be a simple 16 step affair or as long as you want?
Yes flexible.
Also, do you ever plan on adding audio editing into MuLab at some future stage? Or is this simply a no, use an external editor?
Basic audio editing is already in there. And maybe that basic integrated audio editing might be improved a bit at some point, but for serious audio editing, use a external audio editor. The switch between MuLab and another audio editor is optimized, so what's wrong with that?

Thanks Jo.

Re Audio Editing: I only require the basics so all good and well :tu:

Voted for Freezing as my nr. 1 FR
Second vote is a tie between Arp/sequencer and more visual feedback, both would be very nice. Head or tails.. Arp won.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Mux modular and 64 bit for Mac definitely - also AU support.

More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
I would really, really not like this, I think. I still miss routing events to different targets ;).
Easified audio recording, more the traditional way
Not clear what this would mean but if it cut flexibility it would be bad. I'd rather see much more development around MIDI input - more dynamic recognition of interfaces, multiple interface support without collapsing to 16 channels (i.e. one input channel from one interface remains discrete throughout the event flow), and so on. Audio support is, IMO, adequate.
MuSynth as VST plugin
I'd rather see MuX presets all appear as VST patches to the VST host (as if FXPs).
Last edited by pljones on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mine were time-stretch for audio loops and better rack/track integration... i.e. when you delete a instrument track the rack associated with it is deleted and vice versa. Or maybe a dialog etc. I realize that these are objects in MuLab that can be hooked up many ways but most of the time I add a track with a rack and delete it as such. Automation tracks function well for the other uses of a track imho. Would be nice if I could get some of my other plugins to work but the core stuff does so that's cool.

look forward to this may take three to six months

What is meant by ~
Easier audio recording, more the traditional way.
?
?
?

I've chosen:
1. Easified support for multi-out plug-ins and side-chaining
I mean by this option that rack would have greater number of various inputs such as MUX has. That would make possible for me to route 6-channel audio into rack or redirect modulation signal directly into rack (or to the MUX inside that rack) instead of having to convert it to CC and use 'MIDI Controller Generator' plugged to MIDI input of the rack. Consider that even when topmost MUX in the rack has multiple inputs of different types, these can't be easily accessed when currently rack has only a pair of standard inputs.

2. Math (+ - * / mod log) and logic (AND/OR/NOT) modules - for more accurate calculations on modulation, CC, PB and key numbers (for making neat and complex procedural arpeggios). I remember that I needed in the past such modules. The workarounds were inaccurate, and some of my ideas remain unfinished due to lack of these options.

But then I've noticed other options:
3. Time Stretching
Automated of course - not just plain sample stretching. More like a module acting like a turntable with its speed/pitch/time parameters fully controllable in time.

4. Freezing tracks/parts - vital for CPU/memory saving

5. FM filter module - just like Ringmod with two inputs for Carrier and Modulator (this feature appears to me somewhat connected with time stretching)

dwsel wrote: 5. FM filter module - just like Ringmod with two inputs for Carrier and Modulator
Yes, this would be really great. Or math modules, or arpeggiator.

I guess, to sum up, any new mux toys would get my vote. :hyper: All the recent improvements to the front panel have made mux even more inspiring.

Since I'm a MUX user, but the engine is the same, I voted for "Mux on Mac" (to collaborate with fellow engineers that are exclusively on Mac) and "Easified support for multi-out plug-ins and side-chaining". I'd still love to see "individual outs" rather than stereo busses that then need to be split (think DDMF or Plogue).

I'd have also loved to vote for a GUI upgrade and skinning of all sorts (GUI resize, custom fonts, different skins for containers, etc), but if that will be opened up during the course of the upgrade, then I'm sure that the skin assets all float in by themselves.

Else I'm happy with what I have access to.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “MUTOOLS”