How to see the bottom of the window of a vst?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello to all,
I have a problem with the windows of some "developable" vsts.
Some vsts have, among their functions, the possibility of enlarging their window in order to have access to other parameters. Take the Roland VS D-50 for example. If I press the "patch" or "lower" keys, the bottom of the blue MuLab frame framing the vst disappears, suggesting that something is below. But nothing appears. How to solve this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Before.jpg
After.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is this repeatable with another Windows VST that is non-Roland and is freeware or has a demo-version?

Oooops, sorry, I didn't see the answer.
Yes, I took this Roland Vst forexample but it's the same problem with any "developpable" vst, free or not.
I tried on another daw and the "window" of the vst opens itself normally.
It seems that MuLab doesn't want to expand his own container window.
In the case of a non developpable vst, the MuLab window stay "entire" and there's no problem but since a vst has this option (a little bit like Kontakt for example too), le bottom of the window doesn't appear.
I tried to see in the GUI options but I didn't found nothing.
Before.jpg
This is another vst. We see the prest button is unticked and the window is entire.
After.jpg
On this picture, we see the preset button is ticked but the window stays "entire", undevellopable.
Shortly, it's impossible to see the bottom of the vst.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What is a "developable" VST?

Beside this question, i suspect that the VST does not properly send a audioMasterSizeWindow message to the host.

Does it not work in other DAW's, either?

(I think the term is expandable/collapsible.)

This is a big issue for people using smaller screen sizes... I suspect adding small scroll bars to vst windows could fix these type issues.

Cheers, V.

mutools wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 pm Is this repeatable with another Windows VST that is non-Roland and is freeware or has a demo-version?
You can expand some sections of TAL-Noisemaker, if that helps, and if it's the same problem: https://tal-software.com/products/tal-noisemaker

I double checked Tal Noisemaker and i don't see any problem. When collapsing/expanding the sections of Noisemaker, the window doesn't change size, it all stays visible within the same window.

Ah... nevermind then, I guess it's the wrong VSTi to test this then.

Oooops, sorry, i forgotten this topic a little bit and I apologize.
Well, i have the Noisemaker and, effectively, there is no problem with it because the original window size is the same from the start.
In a fixed size of the window, you can make appear some options. If you don't make appear any options the bottom of the window is empty as in attached picture. But some vst are supposed to be able to grow but doesn't work.

Here is an example with a vst roland jv 1080.
On the 1st photo, the keyboard is not selected and the window is "full".
R1.jpg
On the second, the keyboard is selected and the window is truncated at the bottom and the keyboard does not appear.
R2.jpg

And Luxonix, too?
When it happens with plugins of various developers, maybe it is a Mulab issue.

ftnwo2012 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:21 pm Here is an example with a vst roland jv 1080.
On the 1st photo, the keyboard is not selected and the window is "full".
R1.jpg
On the second, the keyboard is selected and the window is truncated at the bottom and the keyboard does not appear.
R2.jpg
Just an idea, have you tried closing the GUI after selecting keyboard. Sometimes size changes only take effect after reopening a GUI.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 pm And Luxonix, too?
Is this a question or a statement?
When it happens with plugins of various developers, maybe it is a Mulab issue.
Which plugin from another dev (ie. non Roland) also has this resize issue?

Ravity from Luxonix, see the screen shots in this thread.

Return to “MUTOOLS”