BUG? Manage Audio/Sample Files

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use the latest full Version of Mulab 8 with macOS 10.14.5.
Problem is, all my deleted files in Mulab keep stay in my Audio / Recordings Folder.
All my failed audio takes or imported mp3's in Mulab which I delete directly in my compose window keep stay in this folder and this folder grow bigger and bigger. I must search the tracks which I keep finally in my project and have to erase all other files in this recordings folder manually. That's really complicate and nerving.
When I use 'Manage Audio/Sample Files' and save my project in Mulab and quit the software, all unused files should go automatic to trash. That's how it should be, right?
I hope you can help me, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm currently taking a break but will check and reply on this next week.

mutools wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 am I'm currently taking a break but will check and reply on this next week.
Thank You!

Ok i double-checked this with MuLab 8.0.66 on MacOS and all seems to work fine, no bug detected.
All my failed audio takes or imported mp3's in Mulab which I delete directly in my compose window keep stay in this folder
When you delete a part in the composer it just deletes the audio part, not the audio stream, nor the audio file.
For the difference between audio stream and audio file pls see http://mutools.com/info/docs/common/aud ... mples.html

and this folder grow bigger and bigger. I must search the tracks which I keep finally in my project and have to erase all other files in this recordings folder manually. That's really complicate and nerving.
The most easy way to handle this is Project menu -> Manage Audio/Sample Files.
That's a quick and easy way to manage the audio/sample files in your project.
When I use 'Manage Audio/Sample Files' and save my project in Mulab and quit the software, all unused files should go automatic to trash. That's how it should be, right?
When you select that option and then click OK, then yes indeed.

For example. I record 10 guitar tracks in real time, each one after another. In the end I keep only 2 tracks and delete the other 8 tracks directly in my compose windows.
Than I use 'Manage Audio/Sample Files' hit OK and it shows 'Deleted 8 audio stream from project' hit OK and Quit/Save Mulab. All 10 tracks stays in my Audio/Recordings Folder.

Opened this project again and erased the rest 2 tracks, so the project is complete empty. Again I use 'Manage Audio/Sample Files' hit OK and it shows 'Deleted 0 audio stream from project' hit OK and Quit/Save Mulab.
And again - all 10 tracks stays in my Audio/Recordings Folder. Totally Confusing!

This is so frustrating. As much I love Mulab, but in this way I can't use it.

Are you sure "Trash Unused Files In Project's Audio Sub-Folder" is enabled in that dialog?
If yes then are you sure the audio files your record are in the project's audio sub-folder?
It indeed should work quick and easy and i tested it yesterday and it worked as easy as expected.

mutools wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:05 pm Are you sure "Trash Unused Files In Project's Audio Sub-Folder" is enabled in that dialog?
Yes, this is always activated.
mutools wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:05 pmIf yes then are you sure the audio files your record are in the project's audio sub-folder?
It indeed should work quick and easy and i tested it yesterday and it worked as easy as expected.
Of course. When I start a new audio recording, Mulab creates that Audio sub-folder automatic.
Sadly it didn't work for me and it makes recording way to complicate for me.
I'm spoiled by other DAWs that it all happens automatically in the background. I often need a lot of test takes on a recording and that's how a folder quickly becomes quite large and you lose track of everything.

Please once again retry recording multiple tracks, deleting some of them and using Manage Audio/Sample Files and then before quiting MuLab, switch to the MacOS Finder, goto your MuLab folder and email me the latest Log-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.txt file that is there. Email it to Image

...done, I sent it to you.

There indeed is something strange happening on your system. I tried it on MacOS 10.12 and all works fine. In the next MuLab version i'll add more log info in order to narrow down this issue, but i can't yet say when the next MuLab version will be there.

PS: So when that next MuLab version is available please repeat the same and send me the new log file. Thanks.

You don't have a actual macOS system to test this software?
Then it will probably be difficult to fix a bug if you can't reproduce it yourself.
mutools wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 pm PS: So when that next MuLab version is available please repeat the same and send me the new log file. Thanks.
I will do this, thank You!

Please retry with M8.0.67, see viewtopic.php?f=79&t=527607
and email me the log file again.
Thanks.

Done!

Ok, i finally found the issue. This bug will be fixed in the next version which will be available one of the days. Thanks for reporting this and sending the log files!

Return to “MUTOOLS”