Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Tommy, why don't you use MuLab to write and record one of your songs, & tell about your own experience? That might be a good way to describe the flow of MuLab.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Thanks, Sparky. Great list of pros. I also work as a teacher . . . projecting the DAW on the screen and creating in-class "music." ;-) In a classroom setting, it's vital to have a simple, but powerful workflow that is also visually appealing. The same is usually true for private users . . . so easy to lose the muse and/or have the life sucked out of the initial inspiration. If you don't mind, I might quote you a little in my review. ;-) I'm excited to be back!!!

Michael L wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:54 pm Hey Tommy, why don't you use MuLab to write and record one of your songs, & tell about your own experience? That might be a good way to describe the flow of MuLab.
Great idea!! Much more fruitful than purely demoing. I don't think I've actually completed a song in 10+ years. LOL. If MuLab helps make that happen it will be a miracle worth sharing. ;-)

I agree with Michael. I too have usually problems finishing my projects. :wink:

I think MuLab could help you out as it's workflow is so inspiring.

I find it simple, fast, clutter-free, flexible and creative.

Of course it depends on your style, but for me who does music à la Depeche Mode 1983, I use it as a sequencer with lots of VSTi's and piano-rolling, and it is perfect for that. Same goes for EDM I believe.

Feel free to quote or pm me when it is time for your review.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

tommyzai wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 pm
sl23 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm . . . After testing . . . I may switch to reaper . . . .
May I ask what MuLab shortcomings you are finding in regards to recording audio? I realize it doesn't have the audio recording depth or options of Reaper, which I also enjoy and use, but what do you feel ML is missing?

As some of you may know, I often write about audio stuff with over a 100 zany review. I'm not only diving back into MuLab for personal/professional use, but I also intend to write a new review/testimony for either v.7.X or wait for the release of v8. The comments on this thread are really helpful in guidance and information about what other users site as pros, cons, and requests.

PS. sl23, I hope you didn't mind me chopping up your quote.
No worries, it's fine to chop up, long as you keep the original contextual meaning.

My two issues have been well documented here. I don't wish to further antagonise anyone, especially Jo! What he has done with MuLab is extraordinary to say the least!
But the two issues in short are 1. Wait Note 2. VST Bridging.

Although the bridging is less of an issue, there are still a few VST's I'd like to get as 64bit.
Wait Note is just something that I cannot personally do without, and after much controversy here, is likely never to see light of day! Not a dig btw! Just a fact. I mean, there's simply not enough call for it to be developed, which is fine. Just that for me, I need it. Tried to do without it in MuLab, but it's not surmountable.

I may still purchase M8, if I'm allowed ;) just to stay current with it for now until I got to grips with Reaper. But if I do switch fully, I will very much miss the simplicity of MuLab!!! Portability is one of my main reasons for liking it so much too :)

Thanks for the personal insight and info . . . and for a nice welcome back. The MuLabbers are a friendly bunch. ;-)

sl23 wrote:I don't wish to further antagonise anyone, especially Jo!
?

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

:ERROR:
Last edited by sl23 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:09 am
sl23 wrote:I don't wish to further antagonise anyone, especially Jo!
?
Sorry Jo, just thought there was enough talk of it and didn't want to annoy anyone due to what's happened in the past ;)

replicant X wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 am He may be not sober.
I dron't dink! :lol:

I don't drink, either. ;-)
Last edited by tommyzai on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Obviously, posters on this thread dig MuLab, but for one reason or another a few switch to another primary DAW. I'll investigate why, but in the meantime I'll start working on a project in MuLab.
Last edited by tommyzai on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tommyzai wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:31 pmWhy Reaper?
Ha ha! We all know Why Reaper? answers go on forever and derail this Mulab 8 thread. Perhaps ask Why Reaper? in your new poll thread or in the Hosts and Sequencers forum.

Meanwhile, why not start a song in MuLab and post the project when you get stuck....? :party:
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Time to start and hopefully finish a project in MuLab!!

Return to “MUTOOLS”