Phonec updated to v2.4 (Now with MPE support)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__LNVGxmdzQ
Phonec has been updated to v2.4, which adds support for MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). This allows Phonec to become a multi-dimensional expressive instrument when used with MPE keyboards like the Roli SeaBoard and the Linnstrument. This update also brings several new features and fixes.

What's new:
  • MPE support
  • New Vox + Funk waveforms
  • Creamy New Filter
  • New Filter Melt option
  • New Noise Crusher
  • Better sync between Arp + Seq
  • Preset + Bank options now separated; easier to access
  • Preset sub folders now supported
  • Newly designed template presets included
  • Added Contour shapes for Mod Envelopes
  • Added HFO Rate to Aftertouch/Modwheel
  • Tooltip popup improvements
  • Windows 10 compatibility fix

More info here:
    https://www.psychicmodulation.com/phonec.html

*This is a free update to registered users. To get the update, just access your user account via the 'account' tab at psychicmodulation.com. The downloads in your account will always link to the latest updated versions.

If you have any questions or have trouble accessing your account, please let me know.

Jack,
Love your stuff.
I'm trying to update to v2.4. The account page says "An email was sent with instructions for accessing your account" but I am not seeing it. Checked the junk mail too. Any ideas?
Thanks

:tu: :clap:

Looking forward to working with the new features!
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

dbl9 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 am Jack,
Love your stuff.
I'm trying to update to v2.4. The account page says "An email was sent with instructions for accessing your account" but I am not seeing it. Checked the junk mail too. Any ideas?
Thanks
Sending you a PM...

Got it! Thank you, and your guess was correct. I had used a different email address, so chalk it up to total user error. Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to checking out the new features.

Brilliant! Like many here, I've been eagerly awaiting MPE support!

As a Seaboard user, I do have one feature request: the default pitchbend of a Seaboard is +/-48 semitones, while Phonec tops out at 12. Would it be possible to expand the allowed range of values in the next release?

Thanks for a great synth, and for what looks like a great update.

abelard wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:08 pm Brilliant! Like many here, I've been eagerly awaiting MPE support!

As a Seaboard user, I do have one feature request: the default pitchbend of a Seaboard is +/-48 semitones, while Phonec tops out at 12. Would it be possible to expand the allowed range of values in the next release?

Thanks for a great synth, and for what looks like a great update.
Yes, that was pointed out to me recently. So absolutely, next update will increase the Pitchbend range.

We've fixed a small issue with Phonec 2.3 > 2.4 preset compatibility, plus a couple other things.
  • Fixed: Presets from v2.3 that used a Triangle waveform on the Sub Oscillator specifically were loading up as Square waveforms. This update fixes that and these presets will now load correctly. This has been corrected in the Factory Bank as well.
  • Updated: The Factory Bank has been updated so that in MPE mode, Amp now defaults to Aftertouch, and Filter to cc74. This is a more practical setup for most MPE controllers.
  • New: The Pitchbend Range has now been increased to 48. This allows full pitch slides on MPE keyboards, which usually default to the 48 range.
  • Extra: A new patchbank is included, 'Factory(MPE)', which is the same as the Factory bank, but set up for MPE use, with Pitchbend ranges set to 48, and with MPE Mode active. **This patchbank is for use in an MPE environment only. If used in a standard environment, no sound will be heard.
*Note: Some of the changes mentioned above have been applied by updating the 'Factory' bank. If you're not seeing all of these changes after loading Phonec, it could be because you have a Default bank loading at startup, which doesn't consist of these changes. The Factory Bank can be accessed at any time by clicking on the small hexagon in the bottom right corner, and choosing it from the list.

The Default bank is a duplicate of the Factory bank that used to be supplied with Phonec and installed in the Banks folder, but now I leave this up to the user if they choose to create and customize their own Default startup bank. The Default Bank is not a necessary component, and can be removed or overwritten if it's not being used as a customized bank. If you're unsure how to do this, and don't want to scour the manual, contact me and I'll be happy to guide you through.

Hi Jack,
Here's a Phonec suggestion. Maybe move the analog Drift to the modulator section. That way it could be used to add modulation to various targets instead of only the Oscillator Freq. Little change but BIG addition to the already very capable Phonec synth.

Noticed a possible bug with Phonec 2.4. When used in 4K mode, the "LOGIC" dial appears only in the modes "Or", "Ring" and "X-wave". Now, I don't know too much about 4K monitors. My main monitor is running at it's native 2560 x 1600 (which I know is not 4K resolution) but I don't think this could have the effect I am seeing.

Using Reaper 5.978 on Windows 10 (with latest updates). This was the first time I have really sat down and used Phonec after buying it quite some time ago so never noticed this before. Problem does not appear in SD mode.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:52 pm Noticed a possible bug with Phonec 2.4. When used in 4K mode, the "LOGIC" dial appears only in the modes "Or", "Ring" and "X-wave". Now, I don't know too much about 4K monitors. My main monitor is running at it's native 2560 x 1600 (which I know is not 4K resolution) but I don't think this could have the effect I am seeing.

Using Reaper 5.978 on Windows 10 (with latest updates). This was the first time I have really sat down and used Phonec after buying it quite some time ago so never noticed this before. Problem does not appear in SD mode.
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look into it.

Hi,

I'd love to get the updated version of Phonec, but can't access my account on the website.
I tried to enter my email adress but did not receive anything.

BSLPS wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:36 am Hi,

I'd love to get the updated version of Phonec, but can't access my account on the website.
I tried to enter my email adress but did not receive anything.
Sent you a pm.

Hey Jack, loving version 2.4. I'm noticing a bug with note behavior when I use the sustain pedal. This may be a Logic X thing (I'm using 10.5.1) but I've never had it with other synths.

If I press notes and then press and release the sustain pedal (while continuing to hold said notes), they continue to sound as expected.

If, while holding the sustain pedal, I release and then press those same notes a second time, they will release with the sustain pedal, even though I'm still holding the keys.

The complication with this odd sustain behavior lies mostly with the fact that as a pianist, I'll often roll chords while the sustain pedal is down and still be holding some of those notes when I release the pedal.

Does that make sense? :?

Also, I have a request. I would really, really like some kind of warning dialogue when I'm about to overwrite a patch. I have redundant backups of everything I make, but the ONE time I hadn't backed it up yet, I overwrote it. The Load and Save buttons look the same at 7 AM. :help: :cry:

Return to “Psychic Modulation”