EchoMelt unique ID issue and update feature requests

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are planning a small update for EchoMelt that will fix an issue we've discovered with the plugin's "unique VST ID". The problem is that it uses the same ID as Phonec. For most hosts this is not really a problem at all, but it can potentially cause conflicts in certain situations.

To make up for this error, we will update EchoMelt with a new ID, but also include a few user feature requests.

If you have any small improvements or features you'd like to see, let us know here.

Add a an old school Tape emulator

I almost second that tape emu thing. To be more specific maybe a couple of more different saturation options in addition to the current one. Normal, tape, tube, fuzz... somwthing like that.

Also maybe a way to save & copy presets in the existing menu.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Intelligent patch randomizer

Saukar30 wrote:Also maybe a way to save & copy presets in the existing menu.
EchoMelt can save and copy patches via the 'Menu' tab. Is this what you're referring to?

Richard deHove wrote:Intelligent patch randomizer
Patch randomizers for each section is planned. But what do you mean by 'Intelligent'?

+1 randomizer

How about oversampling?

MogwaiBoy wrote:How about oversampling?
Unlikely in this update. We're mostly planning simple improvements and features so we can get the update out quickly. Everything else I will make note of and look into to it for a future update down the road.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
Patch randomizers for each section is planned. But what do you mean by 'Intelligent'?
'Intelligent' meaning 'something possibly usable' rather than genuinely universally random. Ideally sections might be locked while the rest randomizes, and even including a 'weirdness intensity' slider :)

Richard deHove wrote:
'Intelligent' meaning 'something possibly usable' rather than genuinely universally random. Ideally sections might be locked while the rest randomizes, and even including a 'weirdness intensity' slider :)
I see.

Yes randomization will definitely be split into each section, with thought put into which controls would benefit from this and which would not.

Small feature request:

The ability to set the width in the EQ by dragging one of the targets on the graph, with maybe a shift + drag, or a command + drag, or some such combination.

Currently when you drag one of the targets you can control the frequency and gain, but then when you want to control the width you have to go up to the width setting. If you could use shift + drag (or command + drag, etc) it would be a lot easier, because you could more easily control all three settings without having to move around too much.

Hopefully that made sense.

Bought and tried EchoMelt yesterday. Love it.

So easy to cook up that special aural sauce that I like.

Great work!

Edit: Thought I posted to the general EchoMelt thread.
Here's not a request per se, but a suggestion/thought.

What about some quick keys on which you can set presets, for example 6 quick-keys which you can
toggle through midi, so you can switch between those throughout a melody.
Maybe you can do that already with the inbuilt preset manager? I haven't tested.

jbw wrote:Small feature request:

The ability to set the width in the EQ by dragging one of the targets on the graph, with maybe a shift + drag, or a command + drag, or some such combination.

Currently when you drag one of the targets you can control the frequency and gain, but then when you want to control the width you have to go up to the width setting. If you could use shift + drag (or command + drag, etc) it would be a lot easier, because you could more easily control all three settings without having to move around too much.

Hopefully that made sense.
Not a bad idea. I can look into it for next time.

gaf_thit wrote:Bought and tried EchoMelt yesterday. Love it.

Great work!

What about some quick keys on which you can set presets, for example 6 quick-keys which you can
Maybe you can do that already with the inbuilt preset manager? I haven't tested.
Neat idea. I think the Ohm Force plugins can do this, or something similar. Might be a difficult implementation though.

gaf_thit wrote:Bought and tried EchoMelt yesterday. Love it.

Great work!

Neat idea. I think the Ohm Force plugins can do this, or something similar. Might be a difficult implementation though.
Could be. What about midi mapping the random buttons?

Return to “Psychic Modulation”