Phonec 2 is the best soft synth I've ever used.

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this probably sounds like hyperbole, but I'm serious - I've never heard a plugin instrument sound this good. I generally buy very few soft synths because I don't like how they sound -I prefer to create sounds myself using hardware (right now I'm sitting between three tape machines, four analog synths, and a giant pile of analog effects pedals). I heard a demo track of Phonec 2 by chance and was instantly curious. I downloaded the demo and was blown away. I think it took all of 10 mins with the demo before I bought the full version. This thing sounds amazing. I've spent days tracking my Rhodes through old analog delays to tape then loading the tape on another machine with a loose pinch roller just to get the kind of sounds that I can pull up in a preset in Phonec 2! It's changed my workflow and inspired new creativity, which is amazing.

Anyway. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a soft synth before. Thanks for making an awesome tool. :tu: :clap:

OneRoomStudios wrote:I know this probably sounds like hyperbole, but I'm serious - I've never heard a plugin instrument sound this good. I generally buy very few soft synths because I don't like how they sound -I prefer to create sounds myself using hardware (right now I'm sitting between three tape machines, four analog synths, and a giant pile of analog effects pedals). I heard a demo track of Phonec 2 by chance and was instantly curious. I downloaded the demo and was blown away. I think it took all of 10 mins with the demo before I bought the full version. This thing sounds amazing. I've spent days tracking my Rhodes through old analog delays to tape then loading the tape on another machine with a loose pinch roller just to get the kind of sounds that I can pull up in a preset in Phonec 2! It's changed my workflow and inspired new creativity, which is amazing.

Anyway. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a soft synth before. Thanks for making an awesome tool. :tu: :clap:
So glad you're enjoying it :)
And I'm happy it's made your workflow less tedious. I know the feeling :wink:

I've never even heard of it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I couldn't agree more.

It first got my attention when it was announced on kickstarter a while back.
Now when i checked back and downloaded the demo, it took me less than 2min before I made the purchase.

Never have a soft synth immediately just felt and sounded so right. Amazing!

If the rest of the product line is anything close to this, please consider making mac versions for them as well!
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
OneRoomStudios wrote:I know this probably sounds like hyperbole, but I'm serious - I've never heard a plugin instrument sound this good. I generally buy very few soft synths because I don't like how they sound -I prefer to create sounds myself using hardware (right now I'm sitting between three tape machines, four analog synths, and a giant pile of analog effects pedals). I heard a demo track of Phonec 2 by chance and was instantly curious. I downloaded the demo and was blown away. I think it took all of 10 mins with the demo before I bought the full version. This thing sounds amazing. I've spent days tracking my Rhodes through old analog delays to tape then loading the tape on another machine with a loose pinch roller just to get the kind of sounds that I can pull up in a preset in Phonec 2! It's changed my workflow and inspired new creativity, which is amazing.

So glad you're enjoying it :)
And I'm happy it's made your workflow less tedious. I know the feeling :wink:

Why is it so great, I got the impression it was just some sort of lofi chiptune type synth?

It's great because it gets you that instant warbly, warm, feel-good, out-of-tune-but-in-a-good-way sound. Nothing chiptune about it, by the way.

It's also a lot more versatile than it looks. Great fan here, as well.

ariston wrote:It's great because it gets you that instant warbly, warm, feel-good, out-of-tune-but-in-a-good-way sound. Nothing chiptune about it, by the way.

It's also a lot more versatile than it looks. Great fan here, as well.
Yes, it can make sounds that immediately take you back in time :)
My only gripe is that they didn't overhaul the GUI while they were at it :P
A Phonec OSC would be cool, but the demo version doesn't allow for that I suppose...

fluffy_little_something wrote:but the demo version doesn't allow for that I suppose...
Kinda finding the demo unnecessarily frustrating :shrug:

Is there a manual?

I love Phonec 2, great synth that scratches a very particular kind of itch :P

I wish the factory library of patches was even bigger, but I suppose that just gives greater impetus to focus on rollin' my own -- it's just that they're really great!

-M

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Is there a manual?
Here is the manual

https://app.box.com/v/Phonec2Manual

Enjoying Torley's tracks and always expecting good things from Psymod, it's growing on me. Might want one real soon.

ere2learn wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Is there a manual?
Here is the manual

https://app.box.com/v/Phonec2Manual
Many thanks! :tu:

Just tested this and it really has a vibe and atmosphere that would suite early Tangerine Dream type music or anything looking for something 'organic sounding'. I'm always looking for character in sounds and this is one of the best synths I've come across for doing it.

This is the vibe city, along with EchoMelt. Which instantly adds character to a normal sounding track. I even like the echo without the melt function, it's one of my go to right now, a great addition to Echoboy and Dub Machines. I've been trying to simulate both using a combination of the RC-20 with Outer Space but it's not the real thing. Those are great processors that I love, but both Phonec and Echomelt have a sound of their own which is not overlap for my use. Can't wait for Phonec V2.3.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

I have to say I also absolutely love Phonec 2 and EchoMelt. The GUI's are perfect. I will be buying both on payday as well as The Unfinished's sound sets for Phonec.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”