Phonec v2.0 has been released!

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Phonec v2.0 has been released!

Phonec2 is the successor to the original Phonec synthesizer, which was inspired by the mystique of video logos you hear at the beginning of worn out VHS tapes. This time around it's available for both Mac and PC as a 32/64 bit VST and Audio Units plugin.

Phonec2 has all the great features of the original plus many new features and several improvments. Phonec2 is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, retro synthwave leads and hard hitting synth basses. Phonec2 has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from it's unique character and excellent work flow, Phonec2 has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd.

What's new?

Phonec2 has many exciting new features that make it better than ever. For starters, there's plenty of improvements in the overall signal flow. From the oscillators to the Echoshifter and everything that gets Melted in between, each section has been reworked to create the best Phonec experience yet.

Aftertouch is one feature that has been requested by some of the most dedicated Phonec users. This was originally going to be applied to only a couple of parameters like Melt and Filter, but I decided to go all out and make a new Mod panel devoted entirely to aftertouch, with control of nine different parameters, making Phonec more expressive than ever before.

Patch randomization has also been included, but not just to blatantly randomize every control at one time. Phonec2 has randomization switches for specific sections that were well planned out, giving you a little common sense chaos where it can be most useful.

Each control now has the ability to be assigned to a midi controller by simply right-clicking on it. You'll also notice that the controls are much smoother and seem to glide into position.

The sequencer has been greatly improved, with a modulation grid for the Filter/Amp and Copy/Paste controls for storing your patterns and pasting them into other patches. There have also been improvements in the way the sequencer responds to note triggering, with super solid timing.

If you thought the Echoshifter was an interesting effect before, get ready for this new incarnation. High and Low pass filters have been added into the feedback path for creating sweeping delays and tape delay dub sounds. But to make this even more unique is the Shifter being added into the feedback path as well. Crank the feedback up and adjust the shifter and you can get endless insanity. And for even more fun, tweak the Phase control for crazy phase shifting sounds. Best of all, Phonec likes to share. You can run your favorite synths or any other external input straight into the Echoshifter. And of course, external signals can still pass through the Melt effect as well.

And finally, perhaps one of the more convenient of all the new features is the updated patch management system, where you can load/save banks and copy/paste patches right from the interface.

Have a listen to this track, where Phonec is the only synth used:
https://soundcloud.com/phonogeist/past-tense

Specs:
  • Dual Oscillators that can be combined in unique ways
    Sub Oscillator for beefing up the low end
    Analog-style oscillator drifting
    2-stage lowpass filter plus 1-pole highpass
    Melt: A unique feature that adds instant character to any patch
    Arpeggiator (synced to host)
    Modulation Sequencer
    3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic)
    HFO (High Frequency Oscillator)
    2 Modulation Envelopes
    Aftertouch control of several parameters
    Echoshifter: Pitchshifting Dub Delay Unit
    External Audio Processing
    MIDI Learn and automation of any parameter
    Patch Randomization
    Double Click Parameter Reset
    Intuitive patch managment system
    Default bank of 128 patches
Try out the demo or purchase your copy here.

Congrats on the launch!

Will there be an update price? I mean, this one is twice expensive as the original. Meanwhile, the original will get completely obsolete after purchasing this one :ud:

exmatproton wrote:Congrats on the launch!

Will there be an update price? I mean, this one is twice expensive as the original. Meanwhile, the original will get completely obsolete after purchasing this one :ud:
Yes there is an upgrade option I sent out to registered v1 users. If you didn't receive it, send me a private message with the email address you used to purchase v1 and I'll get the info to you.

I have been playing around with the demo this morning and notice a high pitch hum on pretty much every patch. The best example I found was on the sub bass preset, but the same sort of thing is prevalent on pretty much every other preset as well. Can you tell me why that is there and if I can get rid of it, because it makes the software unusable.

vanlorne wrote:I have been playing around with the demo this morning and notice a high pitch hum on pretty much every patch. The best example I found was on the sub bass preset, but the same sort of thing is prevalent on pretty much every other preset as well. Can you tell me why that is there and if I can get rid of it, because it makes the software unusable.
I'm not aware of any thing like this. Could you maybe send me an audio clip? You can email me at support@psychicmodulation.com

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
vanlorne wrote:I have been playing around with the demo this morning and notice a high pitch hum on pretty much every patch. The best example I found was on the sub bass preset, but the same sort of thing is prevalent on pretty much every other preset as well. Can you tell me why that is there and if I can get rid of it, because it makes the software unusable.
I'm not aware of any thing like this. Could you maybe send me an audio clip? You can email me at support@psychicmodulation.com (mailto:support@psychicmodulation.com)
Well, I have narrowed it down to happening inside of Reaper. FL Studio seems to not posses the same hum.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
vanlorne wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
I'm not aware of any thing like this. Could you maybe send me an audio clip? You can email me at support@psychicmodulation.com (mailto:support@psychicmodulation.com)
Well, I have narrowed it down to happening inside of Reaper. FL Studio seems to not posses the same hum.
When I mix down to WAV inside of reaper the hum is gone as well, only during live play do I notice it

This sounds fantastic. Would love this as a Rack Extension for Reason.

I tried loading it into the Juce plug-in host, and it fails to scan. It says:

"The following files appeared to be plug-in files, but failed to load:
Phonec_2_Demo_x64.dll"

This is in an x64 version of the host running under win10.
Custom 2-manual midi controller. VST hosting gui built in Usine Hollyhock. Ryzen 5900x Matx build, Touchscreen, RME UCX, windows server 2022, NI Komplete, Soundtoys, Synthmaster, Keyscape, Arturia, Byome, Unify.

woodslanding wrote:I tried loading it into the Juce plug-in host, and it fails to scan. It says:

"The following files appeared to be plug-in files, but failed to load:
Phonec_2_Demo_x64.dll"

This is in an x64 version of the host running under win10.
Thanks for reporting, I will look into this.

After spending some time with the manual I'm realizing what a 'go to' all around synth Phonec is. With the random and EchoShifter features its now even getting into Algorthymic realms :)

Finding making the GUI controls MIDI assignment with just a right click a convenient feature. Is there an easy way or work around to unlearn unwanted assignments ?

XL2 wrote:Finding making the GUI controls MIDI assignment with just a right click a convenient feature. Is there an easy way or work around to unlearn unwanted assignments ?
Yes, just click on the CC number to pull up a dropdown list, and select 'none' at the top.

Is there a way to get V1.0 if a producer is on a budget?

Return to “Psychic Modulation”