GETTING STARTED with a Home Studio - Gear List Part 1

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Everyone.

So this is for the people JUST getting started with setting up a home studio, or those who are looking to start. This is part 1 of a 2 part series touching on some of the gear you would want to start looking into so you can start putting a studio together.

There are 10 items for part one. It is just a quick run through of each item, so nothing goes into great detail. I'll be doing separate videos for the items in the video. So think of this as more of a "hey, you may or may not need to look into buying these things list". As for specific brands/gear to buy, you will want to do some research to see what will suit your needs/budget as I do not get into this.

Anywho, there maybe some items you did not know you might need, so hopefully it is of help to anyone who decides to check it out =)

1. Computer
2. DAW
3. Audio Interface
4. Monitors / Stands
5. Headphones
6. Mics
7. Mic Stands
8. Pop Screen
9. Cables
10. Midi Controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK18sOUPsB4

How about accoustic panels?
How about a mixing console?
and and and....................

I could add other Items, but it all depends on the mony you are willing to spend. And what is the final goal?

regards
Buel - Germany

Laptop, mouse, daw, flat response headphones. Maybe a freebie vst or two if daw lacks those.

Rest is useless/pointless if you're just starting.

Some cheap midi keyboard is needed sooner or later, but mouse only is just fine and enough at first.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:18 pm Laptop, mouse, daw, flat response headphones. Maybe a freebie vst or two if daw lacks those.

Some cheap midi keyboard is needed sooner or later, but mouse only is just fine and enough at first.
You do realize not everyone starting out with production is going to make EDM and have no prior musical education, ability to play an instrument or sing?

jbastienmusic wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:41 am Hey Everyone.

So this is for the people JUST getting started with setting up a home studio, or those who are looking to start. This is part 1 of a 2 part series touching on some of the gear you would want to start looking into so you can start putting a studio together.

There are 10 items for part one. It is just a quick run through of each item, so nothing goes into great detail. I'll be doing separate videos for the items in the video. So think of this as more of a "hey, you may or may not need to look into buying these things list". As for specific brands/gear to buy, you will want to do some research to see what will suit your needs/budget as I do not get into this.

Anywho, there maybe some items you did not know you might need, so hopefully it is of help to anyone who decides to check it out =)

1. Computer
2. DAW
3. Audio Interface
4. Monitors / Stands
5. Headphones
6. Mics
7. Mic Stands
8. Pop Screen
9. Cables
10. Midi Controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK18sOUPsB4
No musical instruments?

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:39 pm have no prior musical education, ability to play an instrument or sing?
Exactly.. That's why I made an essential list, which doesn't require investments into audio interface, microphone, monitors, monitorstands.. Those come later.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:50 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:39 pm have no prior musical education, ability to play an instrument or sing?
Exactly.. That's why I made an essential list, which doesn't require investments into audio interface, microphone, monitors, monitorstands.. Those come later.

Keyboard!! ;)

The only thing you need is an iPad... You might want more though...

These lists are all part of an advertising network. Just be aware of it...

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:18 pm Laptop, mouse, daw, flat response headphones. Maybe a freebie vst or two if daw lacks those.

Not everyone make music wants/needs synths included. Or did you think it's a must nowadays?

Homeless Studio - Gear List
Homeless Studio.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

“It depends.”

yw

Michael L wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm Homeless Studio - Gear List

Homeless Studio.jpg
Top5:):):)
1.House
2.Clothes
3.Water
4.Food
5.Electricity :):):)

Michael L wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm Homeless Studio - Gear List

Homeless Studio.jpg
Does this guy even care what his project sound like?

Where are speakers or headphones?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Daimonicon wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Not everyone make music wants/needs synths included. Or did you think it's a must nowadays?
That's why that "maybe" ;)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”