Recommendation for the fastest workflow DAW

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will also say Waveform. Especially if you are mainly sample based the new Waveform uses the Chord track and it will control all the midi and also control the audio samples.

Waveform is the fastest from idea to a song out there.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

frnsh wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:42 pm Hey guys,

Ps: happy new year to y’all
For straight recording + mixing, nothing beats tracktion's Waveform imho (the latest version, 11, will have a stripped-back free version). However if you're doing more sequencer-type stuff, have a look into the other alternatives, as well.

Coming from Logic Pro X, Ableton felt faster in terms of workflow imo. I like Ableton more than Logic for beatmaking. That being said, learning your basic key commands for whichever DAW you're using is HUGE and will drastically speed things up. Spend some time learning them, you won't regret it.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Passing Bye on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:44 pm For me, its Ableton Live ... takes me next to no time to get my ideas down in session view, then I can jam around with them before recording my jam into the arrangement view. Couldn't be easier. It almost feels too easy most of the time. :)
Ditto.... I primarily use Live to "sketch out" new ideas and then switch over to Logic for arrangement, mixing etc... But IF I had to choose ONE, it would be Ableton Live.

Just try different DAWs and you will see which one will suits you the best. You will also become faster after a long time working in one DAW.

Learn the hotkeys and hide your mouse.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

True to my byline, I would like to suggest MuLab. I read most posts in the Mulab (=MUTOOLS) subforum, and what almost every new user reflects on is how fast the workflow is compared to whatever DAW they used before. I personally haven't seen a piano roll with a better and faster workflow (which is why I respond in this thread). Another workflow-related thing in MuLab is that since it's modular, also including VST's, everything can be put in own configurations, super-quickly and very easily. In practice, this means you build your own FX chains or so, consisting of VSTi's and MuLab's internal effects (or build synths with your choice of VST effects included).

Can't tell if MuLab is the best bet for your style, as I am doing traditional sequencing, but the workflow is great! And it's super stable, has never crashed on me though I have used MuLab for five years or so. It's also very lightweight, sort of the opposite of, say, Cakewalk.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

As far as DAWs that don't have a lot of windows and keep everything in view, Ableton and Bitwig are the obvious choices that come to mind.

As far as whipping up beats quickly and trying out different samples, have you considered a hardware sampler/drum machine? Digitakt?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”