Suggested vst package for synthethized tones composition

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pmDon’t all daws offer synth presets within composition environments?
They differ a lot. But this kind of strict rhetorical response, vs a more polysemous interpretation, is to me the difference between a technical vs artistic interpretation of an OP's question, and why I actually value diversity of responses in a thread. For example, a lot of time OPs don't know exactly what they want but learn through discovery. :party:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:39 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pmDon’t all daws offer synth presets within composition environments?
They differ a lot. But this kind of strict rhetorical response, vs a more polysemous interpretation, is to me the difference between a technical vs artistic interpretation of an OP's question, and why I actually value diversity of responses in a thread. For example, a lot of time OPs don't know exactly what they want but learn through discovery. :party:
To be fair, I'm not suggesting that Mulab isn't unique in regards. And my leaving a 'wink' was meant to denote that.

I'm sure the op will clear this up for us, at some point :)

p.s Thanks for "Polysemous" :tu:

Read this post until its end:
viewtopic.php?p=7550488#p7550488
:wink:

It is a choice of totally free synths (and a totally free DAW), all very powerful and yet very simple to use, and many of these synths have lots and lots of presets (the total is thousands of ready to use presets) and for all genres of music.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ksamphos wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm Is there a good package of vst/synthetized/analog imitation sounds for a composer to work with?
There certainly are many good ones, but you may want to start with free synth and packages. Many people seem to appreciate the free Synth1 synthesizer. And it has tons of free presets to download, among them probably the "vst/synthesized/analog imitation sounds" too. Waltzing through that heap of sounds takes some time...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm p.s Thanks for "Polysemous" :tu:
I said this thread was 'meta' because both it and music are polysemous as Black Winny's post, so one must go "Waltzing through that heap." :violin:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Start here

I would recommend picking this up for learning the basics of subtractive synthesis : https://u-he.com/products/diva/

Diva covers a wide range of very nice synth tones. You can learn a lot with it by Learning to patch with it and how to make sounds using subtractive synthesis.

When you have grasped the concepts of subtractive you could move on to something like Zebra 2 which would expand your synthesis options by letting you play with FM, Physical modelling and additive / wavetable synthesis.

https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/

Zebra is a very powerful setup, it offers a lot and will complement Diva very nicely in a mix.

Honestly between those two you won’t really need anything else to make great synthesizer sounds.
:borg:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”