Automatic generation of polyphonic music on the basis of a melody and a chord progression

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmmm... The latest messages present viewpoints on a rather basic question: Does good humanly composed music contain elements that are impossible to model through any kind of software, because of the nature of the elements?

Wow - I cam across this reply, and it sparked my interest in those Captain plugins.

Until... It was mentioned in one of the YouTube tutorials that this software is always-on-line!
It simply does not work without an Internet connection.

Nowhere in their website they mention that (unless they hid it somewhere). I think that's misleading to say the best. I had some interest in trying out this software and eventually buy it to play around with it (because the price is not really high), but now it's definitely a no-buy for me.

Too bad - It seems to be a nice piece of software to have a little fun with, but it's unusable for me because my DAW computer is 99% off-line (It's only a very short time on-line to authorize plug-in software like Omnisphere or activations for DAW's like Bitwig and so on).

I found something when looking for other things.

Assisted/automatic polyphony generator Tonica fugata from Capella, not free at all or even cheap but quite exactly what I was hoping to find.

https://www.capella-software.com/us/ind ... ca-fugata/

EDIT

I tried the tonica fugata. It is in principle interesting, but it has lots of bugs and the workflow is not smooth. I wouldn't use it even if it were free, too much frustration.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”