Pickups sales?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I apologize if this is a simple question, but I couldn't find much info through Google.

A few months ago I bought a PRS SE Custom 24 and it's great, but the pickups could be better, so I decided I want to buy the SD JB and 59 (4 conductor). With Black Friday coming up, I was wondering if companies or other storefronts like Sweetwater give any discount for the holiday, and for that matter, any other time period in the year. I'm usually very patient, but if sales for parts like pickups don't happen I guess I'd just get them asap.

I've had a Dimarzio SD in my previous guitar and I liked it. Before deciding on the Duncans I considered a passive set of EMGs, but I never knew you could do something like coil splitting before having a PRS, and I've come to like it a lot. Unfortunately, it looked like the only coil-splittable pickups from EMG are active only, which is something I don't want to deal with right now. I wanted to give Seymour Duncan a try this time, especially since I'm out of my "metal-only" phase. Feel free to judge my completely unoriginal pickup choice. :)

1) It's only about 3 weeks from the start of the Black Friday sales season, so I'd be patient for just a little longer.

2) This should be in the Guitars forum. :tu:

JB and 59 is fine. A lot of guitars have that pairing.

Otherwise, ^^

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”