Picking back up after hiatus, DAW recommendations?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chris Roberson wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:59 pm Hello everyone,

I haven't really done a great deal of writing music on my PC in quite a while, looking to get back into that side of electronic music more vs. just synth programming and live performance.

When I more regularly created, I was using Computer Muzys 1.5, so very bare-bones but free and I became quite good with it. Now, that software just about won't work at all, between it being so old and 64-bit plus VST3 becoming more prolific.

My question, as much of a stretch as it may be, is: can anyone recommend a DAW with a workflow/interface that is at least in the same ballpark as Muzys? I couldn't really get any traction with Live and though I think FL is close in some areas, some of the key shortcuts as well as mouse operations are completely counter-intuitive after coming from Muzys.

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
- Chris
As mentioned above, I think you should look into MuLab, which is made by the same dev as Muzus. It also comes with the super cool MUX modular framework.

In case you're looking for a free DAW, check out Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I work in ableton and its a joy everytime i open it. I have played around in bitwig some and if i were to ever switch to something else it would be that. The grid looks awesome but i have some crazy max4live devices that give Live modular capabilities as well as reaktor to scratch my modular itch for now

Mulab is precisely the continuation of Muzys ! And both are from Jo.

Read that page from Jo himself:
https://www.mutools.com/company-bioref.html
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:56 pm Mulab is precisely the continuation of Muzys ! And both are from Jo.

Read that page from Jo himself:
https://www.mutools.com/company-bioref.html
Even better, the new update just arrived! Now my MUXes will look even better than they already do. :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”