OSC Learning Resources?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Friends?

Does anyone use OSC in general? What about on Windows 10?

I’m aware of TouchOSC, Ctrlr, OSCillation, etc., but resources are hard to come across in my opinion. Mainly, resources that make sense to a beginner. Examples of why we would use it in our studios even more difficult...

So any suggestions?

Thanks ✌🏻

YouTube has several videos. Search for "Open Sound Control".
No idea about the qualitquality of the explanation or recommended knowledge in advance.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I (try to) use OSC with Reaper. Most of the "understanding" needed is with Reaper, not with OSC (I'm using TouchOSC but I could be using anything as the controller side, really). Reaper does string pattern matching on the strings sent from the controller using OSC, then decides what to do based on how Reaper works. So you need to find a guide that ties together the two sides of your situation - the OSC device and what you're trying to control with it - as each case may vary significantly.

pljones wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm I (try to) use OSC with Reaper. Most of the "understanding" needed is with Reaper, not with OSC (I'm using TouchOSC but I could be using anything as the controller side, really). Reaper does string pattern matching on the strings sent from the controller using OSC, then decides what to do based on how Reaper works. So you need to find a guide that ties together the two sides of your situation - the OSC device and what you're trying to control with it - as each case may vary significantly.
Thanks, good insight here ^

pljones wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm I (try to) use OSC with Reaper.
Are you aware that Reaper now has WebRemote?

I was looking into getting TouchOSC up and running, but WebRemote is much more flexible as it is a part of Reaper and therefore gives great integration with all its functionality.

Search youtube for Reaper WebRemote to find the videos The Reaper Blog did on it. Great starting point.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

A very quick skim and it looks too Reaper-specific for what I'm doing but potentially useful. I'll dig deeper, thanks.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”