Looking to buy budget monitors

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aykutmd wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 am I narrowed my options to these:

Kali Audio LP-6
Jbl 305P MKII
PRESONUS Eris E5

If anyone could make a comparison between these three it would be great. Thanks y'all!
You can't go wrong with either, pick the ones you like the most, Kali's and JBL's have little more low end tho.

PreSonus R65 are quite decent and go for under $300, PreSonus as a brand has nice offerings, Eris should work well as well.

Wait, are we talking about 350 bucks budget for a pair or single?

JBL's are little better. I have a pair. It works well even if you don't have great acoustic treatment and positioning. Presonus budget monitors(below 5") are not that great for monitoring. Their bigger offerings are really good though.
I don't have any idea about Kali's.

I picked up a pair of Yamaha's HS8 monitors as I needed to have a fully compatible setup with the other person that I work with.
I thought that they were going to be decent but not turn out to be used that often compared to what my main and far more expensive monitoring setup consists of, However, I really enjoyed what they deliver and at the price, they are a bargain in my extremely humble honest opinion FWIW.
They are used an equal amount as my main monitors and everything translates really well for me, my wants and needs in a reference monitor.
The 8-inch driver is not too big for smaller spaces and just like anything that has to do with the space you have to work with, The better you have dealt with any problem areas and treated the acoustics which is fundamental to get the best from the gear that you invest in, That is the soundest investment to make first or you can spend a small fortune and still your results will be compromised as the best gear money can buy is no substitute for a properly setup space.
Also don't be wary of buying used so long as it is from a source that is near so that you are able to make sure all is kosher before buying or through reputable sources, People are often upgrading their gear and that is where you can score some bargains, Sometimes it'll be people that have made the fundamental error of not taking the time and the relatively small amount of money compared to all money that gets spent on equipment both hardware and software to sort the space out so it is decent acoustics wise first.

Hope that helps, If they are beyond your budget I apologize as well as I have to say that there are plenty that I haven't tried out so I am not able to comment but suffice to say there are plenty of good opinions around that'll see you right.

All the best and to all :tu:

Never regretted getting the Kali's for my space. Been working out great.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”