What is your favorite Auto Chord rogression plugin?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:50 pm What's a rogression?
Ask Status Quo. Masters of a 3 chord song!
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Have you tried Instachord?

Check out this thread for similar topics
Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113

One of my favorite posts in that thread:
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:17 am
David wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:02 pm "What I would like to see is a plugin or stand alone that takes in single midi notes of short passages and maybe even a whole song then analyse the whole passage then offer various chord progressions. "

That'd be Scaler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mynsmpxUIlo

And Rapid Composer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTOkUpQtyaY
Thanks. Good suggestions.
Scaler is closer to what I had in mind than Rapid Composer.

What I would like to see is a plugin or stand-alone that takes in single midi notes of short passages and maybe even a whole song then analyze the whole passage then offer various chord progressions. The analyses is not in real time.

Then click play to hear the chord progression suggestions. Perhaps there may be levels of constraints.

Allow to edit the singles notes and re-analyze.
Allow to edit any of the suggested chords and then re-analyze.

Select all midi notes even if in clusters to be treated as single notes. Or choose midi note clusters can be treated as chords. Or better allow user to select at what point do midi note clusters to be treated as chords.

Select: Allow chords to be out of key. Or perhaps choose how strict the rules are.
Select single notes out of key to be deleted, to be moved, to be shortened and reduced velocity.

Select convert all midi notes to chords. Convert as many to chords if fit the Chord progression. Add or delete notes to help the progression.

Scaler is pretty decent, offers a trial version and can provide a useful jumping off point. Not too expensive and seems to get fairly frequent updates.

Chords Gen app for iOS is great

Great thread!

From this thread, I tried out Scaler and InstaChord, since I'm actually a drummer with little to none knowledge in playing either keyboard, guitar or music theory.

Both plugins have their pro's and con's; Instachord being a breeze playing "live" once you've configured which chords you want to have available, what kind of strumming you want to have available. Then just use your keyboard to select the chord with one hand, and use the other hand to strum; So you can vary the strumming of the chord(s) "live" for really natural playing.

Scaler, on the other hand,isn't as easy to play live, but instead it excels in experimenting with chords and chord progressions.

So they kind of complement each other, and I just bought both for that very reason. That way, I can experiment and find the chord and progressions I want to use with Scaler, and just configure Instachord, letting me play, improvise and record. Making the result sound just as "full" as a church-organ by just using three fingers is just ... wow!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”