Is it alright to record vocal with a desktop mic stand?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A lot ''Live'' shows these days are full playback anyway. Doesn't matter if they are sitting, standing or sleeping on the couch. The sound is the same no matter what. Ever see those ''live'' YouTube videos where a stage is invaded by a fan and miraculously the pop star ''diva'' manages to carry on as though nothing unusual has happened? People comment how ''professional'' the singers are. :roll:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Whatever works best for you. I like sitting down, and smoking.

id also say the material plays a part.
if youre looking to belt out long high notes aguilera style, then id imagine standing would be better.

sit down and give it a try with as suggested, your phone, see if you can get a sound you like and feel comfortable singing, before you spend any money :)

Just do it! It’s better than procrastinating about gear and even if you find out later that it’s not up to scratch, surely you can redo it later on better equipment?

fantasyvn wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 am Due to the limited space, I'm looking for a portable microphone stand.

Apparently, a desktop microphone stand is the smallest type available. It looks very good for podcasting.

But is it alright if you sit and record your vocal for a song with a desktop microphone stand?

My sincere thanks,
Depends on the mic; depends on the stand; depends on the desk, and what else also occupies the space; depends on the room; depends upon the material; depends on your singing style, and depends on your expectations :shrug:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”