organizing folders & moving recordings

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello:
I've been using Tracktion 9 for recording podcasts for a couple months now but there are a couple issues I'd like some help with please.

I'd like to know how to move & organize folders, files, etc; without screwing up my recordings. There are times when a recording session last longer than the episode length that I'd like to use -- effectively turning the episode into a 2/3-parter. But if I start trying to move clips into new files for different episodes I seem to lose the original raw data that is used as a reference for the software itself.

I also at times want to change a label; roughly the same issue described above but if I record {example} Episode 8, but it turns out that I want Ep. 9 to post first -- meaning I need to relabel them (& for fun lets say there's also random Ep. 10 & 11 and that I actually want to switch them all around) -- how do I change those labels/references so that the software will be able to find the data I'm using?

This question of how to move episodes & not lose the original references while also being able to just rearrange episodes, expand recordings to multiple episodes & being able to move and group episodes/folders around is especially important as I get ready to start a new "season" of the show. I need to be able to finalize the 1st 'season' & get started on the 2nd but am scared to move/create/edit the names of files/episodes. I did this once, lost the individual track recordings & ended up having to split a single track into multiple tracks for each person talking.

Surely there is an easier way to do these file/folder/label edits & changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

There's a forum for Waveform/Tracktion here: viewforum.php?f=22

You can move project folders around if you archive them first, then you can reopen them after moving them.

The W/T forum should have people on who can answer your other questions.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”