Best gate plug in

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pro-G.

But I'd watch for another sale on Boz Gatey Watey or Big Beautiful Door, instead. I picked up the latter for $29.

imrae wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am G8 - there's a free trial period but wait for a sale because full price is silly.

Smooth, flexible, good UI, has lookahead.
I particularly like it's Flip feature so it lets through the quiet bits below the threshold rather than the reverse. Creatively fun.

Rockatansky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:42 am Looks like this user created a bunch of "what's the best XYZ plugin" threads to get past his 5 posts limit, he replied zero times to any of the threads he created, and now he's happily offering stuff in the Market Place.
We need a good gate for that.

I use Fabfilter Pro G but have a look at your DAW's stock plugins. For something as simple as a gate the stock plugins do the job adequately.
For something a little more creative have a look at Boz Digital's Gatey Watey.

imrae wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am G8 - there's a free trial period but wait for a sale because full price is silly.

I particularly like it's Flip feature so it lets through the quiet bits below the threshold rather than the reverse. Creatively fun.

Rockatansky wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:42 am Looks like this user created a bunch of "what's the best XYZ plugin" threads to get past his 5 posts limit, he replied zero times to any of the threads he created, and now he's happily offering stuff in the Market Place.
"arturia Reverb Guise????"
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Silaris wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:53 pm Overall, Fabfilter's Pro-G is a good option and probably the best gate plugin in my VST folder. However, it is often overkill for most of my mixing situations and regularly I use Wave Arts' MR Gate instead of the Pro-G.

I do not own it, but DMG Audio's Expurgate is also a strong option to consider.
Fabfilter's Pro-G is on sale now.

GaryG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Yup, very cool and clearly influenced by the developers' interest in modular gear. I'd be shocked if nobody was using this with a sidechain for extreme ducking effects.

Waves C1
C1 Compressor
Regular $99
ON SALE $39
With compression, expansion, gating, and equalization, the C1 is a true production workhorse, featuring three independent modules which can be used separately or combined for maximum flexibility.
Unless you wouldn't touch Waves with a barge pole...

I particularly like the C1 comp/gate component, which has quite a clean interface and can be set as expander/expander.

Gateywatey from Boz Digital

imrae wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm I particularly like the C1 comp/gate component, which has quite a clean interface and can be set as expander/expander.
Yeah I’ve actually used this a number of times before I started relying more on the gates that came in various channel strips, along with their other features too. I actually thought it was also quite clean and flexible. The built in sidechain is a nice touch too, but I guess every gate pretty much has that feature these days.

I’m willing to bet it’s light on resources too. Logic’s gate is extremely light. Once I realised I started using that again too from time to time.

I always liked the Sonalksis SV-719, but I haven't used it in ages. C1 gets the job done.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”