Best gate plug in

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the best gate plug in

G8 - there's a free trial period but wait for a sale because full price is silly.

Smooth, flexible, good UI, has lookahead.

Overall, Fabfilter's Pro-G is a good option and probably the best gate plugin in my VST folder. However, it is often overkill for most of my mixing situations and regularly I use Wave Arts' MR Gate instead of the Pro-G.

I do not own it, but DMG Audio's Expurgate is also a strong option to consider.

DMG Expurgate and the older Sonalksis SV-719
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

imrae wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am G8 - there's a free trial period but wait for a sale because full price is silly.

:tu:
Not a Gr8 user of gates..
However even the CM version of this is impressive)))

A1triggergate

G8

Polyverse Gatekeeper

Cableguys

Cableguys ShaperBox
Unfiltered Audio G8

Fabfilter or G8

Vikktorr1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 am What is the best gate plug in
What is your music style and application for? Cleaning up recordings? Creative use? Something else you want to do with it?

Most state-of-the-art: dmg expuregate
Most cost-effective: g8 cm
Best „overall allrounder“: fabfilter

I typically use my DAW's built-in gate (Live, Logic or Reason) if I need something sidechained, just out of laziness to avoid extra routing. If that's not enough, I'll reach for Unfiltered Audio G8 or PSP MixGate 2, which has a musicality to its response I haven't found elsewhere.

The creative exploration of gating can lead to remarkable results, like Tony Visconti got with 3 mics in a large room on David Bowie's vocals on "Heroes".

+1 Fabfilter Pro G
Signatures are so early 2000s.

imrae wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am G8 - there's a free trial period but wait for a sale because full price is silly.

Yes I like G8 as it's very flexible. I also like Neutron's Gate for it's multiband options.

Can I just say I hate them all equally with the exception of the waves gate in SSL (which I don't have)

Oh and the slate one is kinda lame too imho. Good for a guitar noise gate, that is about it. I'm picky.

Looks like this user created a bunch of "what's the best XYZ plugin" threads to get past his 5 posts limit, he replied zero times to any of the threads he created, and now he's happily offering stuff in the Market Place.
Confucamus.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”