Auto EQ correction software for vocals?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about Gulfoss?

It sounds like you're looking for either sonible Smart EQ2 or oeksound Soothe. Just keep in mind that these 'AI' plugins aren't in their prime yet so you still have to use your ears as final judgement.

DocSnyder wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:11 pm I recently tried it on test vocals with its assistant on moderate settings. It eq'd and de-essed the vocals unbelievable similar to what I did on a parallel chain.
It also figured out that this vocal had a critical frequency bump at around 500Hz which I'd usually cut. This time it was necessary to leave it because it was not part of the room or mic, but an essential part of the vocals timbre. Nectar left it in there while cutting it in some other vocals where it really was right to cut it.
That is beyond belief!

How could "it" differentiate between room-resonances and origin vocals frequencies?
Mmhhh ...
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

hi
i'm wonder about celemony melodyne, so is it legit as eq or it a more specific tool for tuning only?

FrankMorrisLegend wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:11 pm hi
i'm wonder about celemony melodyne, so is it legit as eq or it a more specific tool for tuning only?
As far as I’m aware it’s only useful for tuning vocals and instruments and a few other creative applications. Nectar was mentioned earlier and it’s preety much a vocal suite. It may even come with a dynamic eq as well.

Or if your want to demo something even simpler, try checking out the signature suite plugins from Waves. You don’t have alot of control, but it doesn’t mean they can’t be useful to you.

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:30 pm
FrankMorrisLegend wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:11 pm hi
As far as I’m aware it’s only useful for tuning vocals and instruments and a few other creative applications. Nectar was mentioned earlier and it’s preety much a vocal suite. It may even come with a dynamic eq as well.

Or if your want to demo something even simpler, try checking out the signature suite plugins from Waves. You don’t have alot of control, but it doesn’t mean they can’t be useful to you.
Nice :) , Waves plugins is on my way, i think
cheers

Thanks Samplecraze. However I think 31 is for stereo tracks only, so in that case not for vocals (am I wrong?).

Even after having read about it on the Hornet website, I haven't fully understood what 31 is for actually. To me it seems like Gullfoss more than Nectar or Ozone. Is that a valid description?
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Also note that ToneBoosters just released Enhancer, which is Gullfossish.
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Thanks Samplecraze. However I think 31 is for stereo tracks only, so in that case not for vocals (am I wrong?).

Even after having read about it on the Hornet website, I haven't fully understood what 31 is for actually. To me it seems like Gullfoss more than Nectar or Ozone. Is that a valid description?
Found sort of an answer here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=499371&p=7344813&hi ... e#p7344813
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:50 pm

I used it quite successfully on a vocal pop mix recently. It's like Gullfoss but nowhere near as good. I like the fact that it works in real-time rather than a static snapshot.

For Melda I would say MSpectralDynamics is a better choice than Madeq. When I have problem frequencies it flattens them out just by adjusting threshold.

Also Sknote brigade is the same kind of tool.

All you need after is your favorite plugin chain.

And I can't see how AI can figure out what's sound better in the mix between sections. You will still have to tweak to get best results IMO.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Thanks Samplecraze!
Go MuLab!

enroe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm
DocSnyder wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:11 pm I recently tried it on test vocals with its assistant on moderate settings. It eq'd and de-essed the vocals unbelievable similar to what I did on a parallel chain.
It also figured out that this vocal had a critical frequency bump at around 500Hz which I'd usually cut. This time it was necessary to leave it because it was not part of the room or mic, but an essential part of the vocals timbre. Nectar left it in there while cutting it in some other vocals where it really was right to cut it.
That is beyond belief!

How could "it" differentiate between room-resonances and origin vocals frequencies?
Mmhhh ...
I guess context :wink: If we humans can differentiate between it, AI can do so too. Just a matter of training data and learning time.

DocSnyder wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:40 pm
enroe wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm
That is beyond belief!

Mmhhh ...
I guess context :wink: If we humans can differentiate between it, AI can do so too. Just a matter of training data and learning time.
Thats exactly right.

If it's observable we can measure it. If we can measure it we can find mathematical relationships. If we can find the mathematical relationships we can reproduce it. It is only limited by our degree of accuracy and that's improving all the time.

Humans aren't as unpredictable as everybody think we are. There is a reason why "behavioural science" exists and is used to profile criminals. Thats because we are creatures of habit. Our habits can be observed and they can be measured...

This is the basis for machine learning, and it's only going to get better the more we understand.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”