Which Software is Better?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reason or Fl Studio? I've heard good things about both, but don't know which is better for me. I make midis on my phone then transfer them to my laptop. I also own an Edirol SD-90, so I want to buy something that's compatible with it.
Last edited by flatorange6690 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

demo each - thread over
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Unfortunately you really do need to try them for yourself. Reaper and FL have very different workflows. FL is perhaps more streamlined and well-designed for making "modern" electronic music, with (arguably) better MIDI editing features and more straightforward stock plugins (including some very highly regarded ones like Harmor), but lots of people love the "tweak-friendly" nature of Reason and its unusual but very clearly laid out write-tweak-mix workflow.

Don't worry too much about what is "best"; that has been debated endlessly on every forum out there, and there has never been a consensus (and there likely won't ever be one). If it feels good, and natural, and like you can work quickly without thinking about anything other than the music, then that's all that really matters.

Both are great and both will get you great results.

flatorange6690 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:55 am Reason or Fl Studio? I've heard good things about both, but don't know which is better for me.

if YOU dont know what's better for you, how do you expect anyone else to?

Ableton live

:lol:

I'm just saying that because of how many of these threads we get on a regular basis. If i had to choose between either this is what I'd end up going doing. Only because I enjoy the workflow of Lives clip launcher.

Anyways

Honestly the answer lies in YOU going and taking the time to demo both of them.

Everyones workflow and expectations are different, so nobody can really tell you how what your experience will be. It's up to you go and test them out.
:borg:

Max/MSP is much better! (and Pocket Calculator is the best of all...)

P.S. sorry didn't read the second post, thread was over...; - )

Reaper is cheaper.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:00 pm Reaper is cheaper.
Who mentioned Reaper? I do hope said reaper takes all of you lot soon.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

He asked about REASON not Reaper .... Simmer down Reaper fanbois ..

assuming you are under 18, like all fl/reason users, your best bet is to grow the f**k up and use a real host.
Last edited by AnX on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:02 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:00 pm Reaper is cheaper.
Who mentioned Reaper? I do hope said reaper takes all of you lot soon.
That was just an off-topic follow on the the Ableton comment above.

fedexnman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:04 pm He asked about REASON not Reaper .... Simmer down Reaper fanbois ..
Actually, I cannot stand Reaper. I was just kidding! :lol:

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm assuming you are under 18, like all fl/reason users, your best bet is to grow the f**k up and use a real host.
This is the worst take I’ve seen on KVR in quite sometime and that’s genuinely impressive considering some of the stuff I see.
Well Done ANX :clap:

I see you Mr Anonymous internet person, is the real pro correct? And all these people who’ve made millions of of making top songs with FL and Reason are children?
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm assuming you are under 18, like all fl/reason users, your best bet is to grow the f**k up and use a real host.
Still only 49. I think 50 will be old enough to go back to Cubarse.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”