Best all in one synth for beginners?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm getting into electronic music production (I'm more of a rock guy). I'm learning about synth programming on Groove3 and other places and I wanna buy my first proper synth. Budget is kinda low so I can only get one, probably second hand. I'm interested in learning one synth very well and use it in my first productions instead of collecting a bunch of them. So far, Synthmaster One looks promising since it does substractive and wavetable pretty well and seems easy to use. Do you have any other recommendations for an all-in-one type synth that will get me far? Thanks!

I'd get Reveal Sound Spire. For me, it's the best allround synth, because it has a big sweet spot, and sounds good for almost anything. Check the Sell & Buy forum here, i'm sure you'll get a used copy for a decent price.

Sylenth 1

Simple architecture and great sound.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

You mentioned Synthmaster One, and that's a good choice as it isn't too complex and not expensive.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synthmaster one is not one of my favorite synths, but as a first "general purpose" synth with a not too complicated architecture, you're good, and it goes on sale quite often. Good choice.

If you like this architecture but you want other alternatives with different sound engines, Hive and Sylenth 1 have many similarities with Synthmaster 1 regarding structure and that commitment not to overcomplicate things. If you how to use know one of them, you know most of the others. But both them are much more expensive.

Another powerful yet easy to deal with is Sonic Academy ANA 2, which also includes integrated sample player, the best integrated arpeggiator hands down and a very responsive interface, very easy to understand. This one has many fans and also many detractors, it's pretty much a matter of personal taste.

Good luck with your search and welcome aboard the synth world.
Last edited by nachenko on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

every answer is here

viewforum.php?f=74

And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok? and im pointing to you same names who have an urge to reply to every newbie topic. Rules are made here so there would be no clutter.
What's this "Getting Started" forum?
This "Getting Started" forum (feel free to suggest a better name) should become the first port of call for anyone new to KVR and plug-ins in general. Any "what is the best" thread will live here, along with any other obvious newbie questions (if you see any appropriate in our other forums PM me the link and I'll move it here).

NOTE: Thread titles may be edited if necessary to make them more useful, and some of the posts within a thread may be edited, or even removed, to make them more concise.

NOTE: Although people insist on asking what the "best" XXX is we all know that it is generally a question that is impossible to answer; "best" is a very subjective concept, but of course that won't stop people asking ;) .
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=109784

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok?
Have a nice day.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:30 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok?
Have nice a day.
What does that suppose to mean?

There is beginners/newbies section where you should reply, not here.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm
Have nice a day.

Chill out luv...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok? and im pointing to you same names who have an urge to reply to every newbie topic. Rules are made here so there would be no clutter.
are you seriously telling us to stop helping newcomers?

you're not a mod here. if something is in the wrong place, report the thread, so that someone who is can move it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok? and im pointing to you same names who have an urge to reply to every newbie topic. Rules are made here so there would be no clutter.

you're not a mod here.
No i am not telling you that at all. I am telling you that there is a place for that that its created by mods.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robmobius wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm
Have nice a day.

Chill out luv...
I am chill, but its really strange to see same exact names always encouraging this kind of behaviour and participating in the clutter.

I think he's saying newbies should post in the proper forum that was made specifically for them. Gotta agree.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:18 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm

you're not a mod here.
No i am not telling you that at all. I am telling you that there is a place for that that its created by mods or you brains cannot understand that?
well firstly, it wasnt created by the mods because mods cant create forums.

secondly, the correct procedure for dealing with a thread in the wrong place is to report it to the mods.

I guess your 'brains' cannot understand that?

telling people not to respond to newbie topics makes you the 'f**king dick', not people helping out.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”