Professional music school

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You’r due for a walk outside Toronto...

Yup .. one word - Ubisoft

nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 pm You’r due for a walk outside Toronto...
actually, i am in the burbs. just cracking a joke for the guy. but seriously, once you leave the GTA it's pretty much just farms and the further away you go, the weirder the small town folk get. :lol:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Dj Fugo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:56 pm I don't know, I've never even studied a little notion of harmony, but if I let myself be carried away by the notes I have in my head I can also make music in classical style. Obviously this is an experiment done in two afternoons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOfrWSkbA9E

But I think that studying harmony could be very useful to me!
On the contrary, playing an instrument, I don't feel that it would lead me to grow musically ... I rather feel that it could help me analyze the sheet music of the songs. When I have reproduce the melody of a song I usually use my ear.
I think that example of your music does show talent, its already more interesting than 95% of the usual successful pop music. The production quality is completely irrelevant in that case. Its about composition and if you are able to pull out that without any previous education (I doubt it a little bit...), learning harmony could get you pretty far (or could do the opposite as well...).
Learning an instrument though would grow you musically without doubt. As soon you start to record seriously you have to deal with musicians. Better to know what that playing an instrument is about You do not need to be top notch in that area, but it would help to get these results even faster...
That style certainly fits the game industry as well.

But as this is about looking for a professional music school try some academic ones: Berklee is coming to mind... You might have to apply for a stipend...

Good luck on your path...

generaldiomedes wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 pm The ‘real’ Berklee courses certainly aren’t affordable .. the coursera ones are just teasers and you don’t get much if any in the way of instructor feedback.

Udemy has a great course on video game music that I’m taking right now but it is not a certification. https://www.udemy.com/gamemusiccourse/
Completely agree, Berklee quick courses are not worth the time invested.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”