Looking for a very basic, pleasant to use freeware synth

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, Modulair by Full Bucket should have all filter and oscillator types. You can make it as simple as you want since you decide which modules you drag in.

There is also a simple Oberheim type synth by Hyakken, don't know whether it meets your criteria.

I don't have it installed right now, but I think Thorn CM meets criteria.

just before i read your post, i was thinking of course osc sync. it is strange al the things that you mention, are quite "normal", but not all synths have them all... the CS80-V3, has them... i own mostly vintage emulations synths, btw.

have you checked waves Element 2.0 Virtual Analog Synth? waves plugins, most of them, are regurarly as low as $29, and via resellers, you also get a discount.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/element

i have that synth, although many shall disagree, i like element 2.0, nice sounds. and slope. no HPF.

and: arturia pigments, perhaps strange, but as an analog section, you can use it as a complete analog osc based synth, has it all. but then you are in price range of many competitors.

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:15 pm Yeah, Modulair by Full Bucket should have all filter and oscillator types. You can make it as simple as you want since you decide which modules you drag in.

There is also a simple Oberheim type synth by Hyakken, don't know whether it meets your criteria.
o yes the modulair by full bucket, i installed it just this week. it can do it all. and routings options...

Would you believe ModulAir doesn't have Triangle? Well, there you go. Must be the RHSC of waveforms, I tell you.

Element is *so close*, but doesn't have per-oscillator volume levels, just mix. :( There have been many synths that lack only one thing, and this is one of them. Price is good, but ... just off.

Speaking of which, even Serum doesn't do "all this" (lol, as if it's a lot to ask).

I was just looking at this during the Waves buy 1 get 1 virtual instrument free sale but decided I didn't need it because I;m still trying to learn Flow Motion which is my favorite new synth
WasteLand wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:04 pm just before i read your post, i was thinking of course osc sync. it is strange al the things that you mention, are quite "normal", but not all synths have them all... the CS80-V3, has them... i own mostly vintage emulations synths, btw.

have you checked waves Element 2.0 Virtual Analog Synth? waves plugins, most of them, are regurarly as low as $29, and via resellers, you also get a discount.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/element

i have that synth, although many shall disagree, i like element 2.0, nice sounds. and slope. no HPF.

and: arturia pigments, perhaps strange, but as an analog section, you can use it as a complete analog osc based synth, has it all. but then you are in price range of many competitors.

Maybe go with MUX (MuTools) and modify an existing one or make your own? It seems to me your requirements are actually quite specific and I think MUX can do everything you asked for (and a lot more of course!).

But there are indeed some great synths mentioned here in the thread (Tyrell, NoiseMaker, Deducktion, Synth1, ...) BTW you can do lots of things for a super low price with Fathom. Very impressive synth!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Hm. Is there any convenient, convincing way to approximate the effect of osc sync?

If there is another way, so be it.

this thread is amazing.

It's a bit confusing. There have been a lot of suggestions which feature most or all of the features listed in the OP. What's wrong with those?

No. There hasn't been a single one that meets all the criteria.

I did forget to specify a couple in the OP, sure. Sorry about that. Was not intending to mislead anyone, or waste their time.

So what exactly Thorn Cm lacks? It has PWM and OSC sync, adjustable GUI size and all basic oscillator types, and more.

where's layzer when you need him? i'm going to toss out vember surge if no one else has.

not sure if it has adjustable gui tho. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=511922

nvmd

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”