Looking for best VST for progressive EDM production.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djanthonyw wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:13 am
surreal wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm Avenger is not a rompler but Nexus is that is most widely used by those in the Edm game... Avenger is a Synth that is Edm oriented that is gaining more traction within the EDM production communities
Avenger isn’t a dedicated rompler, but I wouldn’t say it’s not a rompler either. There are a lot of natural sounds in it similar to Nexus that load just as fast. Avenger is really a bit of everything, from a synth, to sampler, to rompler, to drum machine. I guess in that sense the best thing to call it would be a workstation.
Agreed 100%

Thanks everyone for help. So I Should buy Sylenth1 With eventually some prestets and Nexus but With what expansions? I want one but big for this genere i was looking on Swedish House vol.1 and 2 but cant really decide.

Best way to have 3D mix is layering - different harmonic content,different attack and release make final sound interesting :)
You gonna spend a lot of time looking for 'right' sound anyway :)Cheerz :)

Making progressive is easy. Any synth would do, pick your favourite.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I love my Nexus - its every penny worth!

First thing I would do is buy a midi keyboard if you don't have one because depending on what one you buy it'll come with free software. Looking into a one of the new Native Instrument packages is worth checking. If not you should def download the free Komplete Start when it comes out this month.

Also worth checking out is Sampletank 4 which is coming out. I wouldn't blow all my money on one or 2 synths especially in EDM where processing is key. You're gonna want to atleast buy Vahalla Vintage Verb because reverb is harder to get good sounding for cheap then synths are.

I would also consider a midihack plugin like Scaler an essential to get. Because what good is a $200 synth if you can't put chords together?

Synthmaster is the best overall synth imo but my favorite synth is actually Flow Motion by Waves so best advice is to START DEMOING EVERYTHING!

This is why I love plugins like Melda's MTurbo Delay. It can take one synth line and make it sound like 4 coming from different places at difference times in different octaves, even with different colored sneakers on
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 am Best way to have 3D mix is layering - different harmonic content,different attack and release make final sound interesting :)
You gonna spend a lot of time looking for 'right' sound anyway :)Cheerz :)

Don't forget to take a look at the free virtual analog Synth1, its modeled after the Nord Lead and sounds awesome.
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

Hi, Mikimilan5. Id like to help you, but there's a lot of info missing here. Do you want to make your own sounds, or do you just want to focus on composition and production? Also, are you able to play keyboard? Do you have a controller, or do you want to get one in the near future? The answers to those questions tell us whether a rompler suits you, or a Native Instruments bundle makes sense for you, etc etc.
Last edited by nachenko on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Dune 3, Hive, Avenger, Serum, Sylenth, Spire, Synthmaster.

For progressive EDM, the best is no doubt Nexus. Sure, you won't learn synthesis with it, but it will give you that big sound instantly.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”