Looking for best VST for progressive EDM production.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I’m begginer progressive house music producer. Especially Avicii and Swedish house mafia style. I’m searching for the VST synth to buy. I’m not on big budget (to 400€). I was wondering of Nexus, Sylenth1 and VPS Avenger, but I’m not shure about this choice. Can anyone help me to spend money useful. If you can please write also best presets/expansions. Thanks

Definitely the three big S synths

Sylenth

Spire:-there are also free preset packs on the reveal site made by Derrick which will give you a solid start.

Serum

Avenger would be cool

Also Dune 3 as well as Synthmaster

A good site with great commercial presets is vandalism sounds, listen to thier demos. Well executed and mixed!

Enjoy!

Mikimilan5 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:05 pm Hi, I’m begginer progressive house music producer. Especially Avicii and Swedish house mafia style. I’m searching for the VST synth to buy. I’m not on big budget (to 400€). I was wondering of Nexus, Sylenth1 and VPS Avenger, but I’m not shure about this choice. Can anyone help me to spend money useful. If you can please write also best presets/expansions. Thanks
Vandalism also has a subscription service that is really cool as you can choose presets and samples as you see fit and it is really useful!

surreal wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:03 pm Spire:-there are also free preset packs on the reveal site made by Derrick which will give you a solid start.
Who's Derrick? :o

Thanks and do you know any good rompers like Nexus, Lethal or Avenger.

Avenger is not a rompler but Nexus is that is most widely used by those in the Edm game... Avenger is a Synth that is Edm oriented that is gaining more traction within the EDM production communities

So what you think is better cause I need something universal for pianos and other real or synth instruments?

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm
surreal wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:03 pm Spire:-there are also free preset packs on the reveal site made by Derrick which will give you a solid start.
https://reveal-sound.com/store/free

Mikimilan5 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 pm So what you think is better cause I need something universal for pianos and other real or synth instruments?
Go with Nexus!!

Okay I know it’s good but what are the best expansions? (For this genere OF)

surreal wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm
https://reveal-sound.com/store/free
Ah... thanks.

If you become legit Sylenth1 user write me i'll send you EDM Piano free of charge,under condition to mention it somewhere.
Man i wish 5 years ago somebody to give me something like this for free,it's so easy when you have such set,just play three different pianos simultaneously,turn mod wheel of each a bit and definitely will have something more interesting than just acoustic piano.Cheerz :):):)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-a0FWs4l0g

This style is frequently related to Nexus and Sylenth, you should do a good research on them.
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

i'm interested of vst synths since 2002-2003 when .dll stuff wasn't even very usable and right now in 2019 definitely wavetable synths worth the money the most,gives you modern sound,if i was you probably would bet on two or three different types of synths like wavetable+subtractive in combination,some examples:
1.Serum+Spire(modern clean sound)
2.Synthmaster+Sylenth1(warm virtual analog )
3.Dune3+Diva(modern and classic analog)
4.Zebra+Legend(modern analog)
5.Avenger+Sunriser(modern and classic EDM)
the list is totally imaginary,you have to check the combinations of sound that work for you :)Cheerz :)

surreal wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm Avenger is not a rompler but Nexus is that is most widely used by those in the Edm game... Avenger is a Synth that is Edm oriented that is gaining more traction within the EDM production communities
Avenger isn’t a dedicated rompler, but I wouldn’t say it’s not a rompler either. There are a lot of natural sounds in it similar to Nexus that load just as fast. Avenger is really a bit of everything, from a synth, to sampler, to rompler, to drum machine. I guess in that sense the best thing to call it would be a workstation.
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”