Best closed back mixing headphones under £150

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Point is to learn some piece of gear and that takes time, as much as becoming a millionaire, I'm again going back to Andrew Scheps, he can buy another pair of speakers or cans, but he spent majority of his life learning those two things and feel confident using them, he said he could mix in any room with those Tannoy's, some other guys got to know their KRK's like that too, that's huge blessing.

I use Sony 7510s and they are great. I’d love to try the 7520s that got banned in the EU :s

Burillo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:52 pm
BerryLaCroix wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:50 am I also like that the toneboosters tool supports the Harman target curves, which are derived from about a decade of research. Sonarworks is based on who-knows-what target curve (did they ever publish their curves?).
they basically have that same Harman target curve. they just arrived it through listening tests and trial and error, rather than by conducting rigorous academic research. i can't find the source of this claim, but they (Sonarworks) did mention this in one of the Reference threads on Gearslutz.

EDIT: source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... st12363274
Thanks much for that link. Their "publication" of a target curve seems nothing more than "We did approximately the same" (as Harman) and "Our target isn't too different". So it is saying that it is actually different, and there's no explanation how different it is. So I stick to my guns and state that they never published the target curve :hihi:

well, yeah, they never published published it, but i see no reason to doubt their claim. YMMV of course.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”