Audio interface of 80€ or below

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jochicago wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:34 am I think investing in something with 4 channels makes sense if you record with more than 1 instrument and/or if you also sing. If you want to do more in the near future, you'll run into a wall very quickly when you want to plug in anything else, and you'll find yourself with a product that fit the bill at first but now has to be replaced. Think about that a bit more before you pull the trigger on a purchase.
I could record 2 synths at once so for now it would be good enough and vocals I would do after recording anyway. Im still quit a beginner in music making so more then 2 synths recording at once would be overkill I think. And its a very cheap investment which I could sell anyway if Im ready for something more. A problem which I do have is that on my volca you can’t see the exact bpm of what you record, so this can be quit a problem when I want to record a synth over for example drums. Can a synth be synced with your daw? I guess so, does it happen when you connected it with external synth from live?

You can sync your synths to your DAW over Midi ... in Live you can use the External Instrument plugin.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:18 pm You can sync your synths to your DAW over Midi ... in Live you can use the External Instrument plugin.
So you can’t sync without midi? I dont want to send midi to the volca but I just want to send the sequence inside the volca into a audio or midi track while its synced with the rest whats going on in ableton.

That's what midi clock is for. It syncs things with your DAW tempo (amongst other things). No midi, no synchronization.

Ah I thought midi was only needed if you want to send midi data in to the volca. But I can also use it to record my patterns made on the volca in sync and does this work automaticly for the pocket operator aswell if its connected to the volca?

So there is no way to sync the tempo from my volca with ableton? It hasnt got a screen with the exact tempo so its kinda hard to record it live and find the exact tempo’s etc. Volca is my ‘master?’ Synth with the pocket operator because there is no other way. Again, for me it isnt a problem to plug and re plug if I want to record some vocals in to the song. Just looking for the cheapest solution which would work

I have to buy a second audio interface to bring with me during my travels, and want something that has high quality but doesn't cost too much. I was thinking about the behringer umc202hd. I will probably buy something better in 4-5 years, when I am a better musician. So it's not an interface to stay very long.

First, is it compatible with asio4all, and does it have low latency? As I use it mainly to play the guitar, I want a very low latency.
I need midi functionality to use a midi keyboard controller, but as most of them have usb connection, I don't think I'd have to buy the behringer umc204hd with midi input.

What do you guys recommend, can I pull the trigger on the behringer umc202hd and be happy? :D

Beriax wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:10 am

First, is it compatible with asio4all, and does it have low latency? As I use it mainly to play the guitar, I want a very low latency.

Yes it does work with asio4all. Has it's own dedicated driver though which you can download. Better performance. I only use asio4all if I want to record the USB out from my little Fender amp at the same time

Latency wise I use 64 samples (2ms) on my 204hd for guitar with no problem, with quite a few tracks/effects going at the same time sometimes.

Great piece of kit for the money.

Great.
So I will use it's dedicated drivers if I can have 2 different sample settings for windows normal usage, and for daw usage. I'd set high samples for windows usage, and 128 or 64 for the daw.
If I can't have 2 different settings, and have to adjust everytime, I'll use the dedicated drivers for windows, and asio4all for the daw.

Ah, is it possible to equalize the headphone output via the behringer drivers?

Beriax wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:25 am

Ah, is it possible to equalize the headphone output via the behringer drivers?
No, the control panel is just the basic necessary stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh I see, In any case I think windows 10 has a sort of equalization function.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”