Audio interface of 80€ or below

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

So this question is probably asked many times on this forum, but I would like some suggestments especially focused on my own needs. I own 2 hardware synthesizers which I want to connect to my daw and there has to be room for one synthesizer extra and I want to connect one mic to it, I dont need more then 1. So minimum 4 inputs, max 1 mic input and 2 outputs.

Budget is a really tight one of 80€, but used products arent a problem for me.

You should google for --> Behringer Audio-Interfaces. :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Yeah I know the behringer stuff, but I was curious if there some more options. Maybe older ones that shops doesnt sell anymore etc. For a cheap price

you can find a used focusrite pro24 for around that price... still a great card

Funkaroma wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 am Yeah I know the behringer stuff, but I was curious if there some more options. Maybe older ones that shops doesnt sell anymore etc. For a cheap price
In the latest test of the "heise-verlag" --> "ct-journal" I was very surprised, that
these very low priced Behringer Interfaces were good. One of them - for
60 € - had a lower latency than the Steinberg UR22 or Focusrite - by using the
standard "Audio4all"-driver.

This was surprising for me - and good for musicians who have to manage
with little money. :wink:

acYm wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:34 am you can find a used focusrite pro24 for around that price... still a great card
Im looking for a usb interface

enroe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:33 am
Funkaroma wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 am Yeah I know the behringer stuff, but I was curious if there some more options. Maybe older ones that shops doesnt sell anymore etc. For a cheap price
In the latest test of the "heise-verlag" --> "ct-journal" I was very surprised, that
TBH, i highly doubt that. ASIO4ALL is a driver for WDM cards, it was never meant to work well for USB interfaces, and it is neither a very good alternative to well written ASIO drivers. It's a general driver, made to work with WDM cards, to give you a decent latency with ASIO. Nothing "embedded", or optimized for a specific hardware chip. It can't work as good as a good dedicated driver.

Did they really write that?

Do you mean a Behringer umc202HD? This one only got 2 inputs. 1 for guitar and 1 for a mic? Just curious but would a Behringer umc22 also work? That one got 1 instrument input and a combo xlr? I dont know if its possible to connect a synth to a mic line in? If thats the case I would prefer to go for the umc22 because its cheaper and I can safe money for a audio interface with 4+ inputs and midi in and out.

At that price point its not likely you'll get four inputs, unless you go second hand. You could try a two input interface connected to a cheap mixer maybe ...

I would go for a Komplete Audio 6 if I needed the inputs. I currently use an Audio Kontrol 1 with a mixer.

Funkaroma wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Do you mean a Behringer umc202HD? This one only got 2 inputs. 1 for guitar and 1 for a mic? Just curious but would a Behringer umc22 also work? That one got 1 instrument input and a combo xlr? I dont know if its possible to connect a synth to a mic line in? If thats the case I would prefer to go for the umc22 because its cheaper and I can safe money for a audio interface with 4+ inputs and midi in and out.
Very slightly above your price range (around £90, 100 euros) is the Behringer UMC404HD which has 4 ins and also dedicated ASIO drivers. I've got a 204 and also a 202 for the laptop and they're excellent. Very good low noise inputs and outputs and good routing options. I'd save a little bit more and get the 404 in your position - better in the long run.

Umc404 seems decent indeed, but just to be clear, would a umc22 work for 2 synths that are synced? Can you connect a synth to a combo xlr and a instrument input? Because for now I dont have more then 2 synths to play at once, maybe some effects that would be connected to them and something like a korg sq-1. Cheapest solution is the best solution for me right now

And would something like this work to connect more audio in

https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=10939

Funkaroma wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:04 pm Umc404 seems decent indeed, but just to be clear, would a umc22 work for 2 synths that are synced? Can you connect a synth to a combo xlr and a instrument input? Because for now I dont have more then 2 synths to play at once, maybe some effects that would be connected to them and something like a korg sq-1. Cheapest solution is the best solution for me right now
You can use a combo xlr as a line in. So, you could have 2 synths connected in MONO.

Funkaroma wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:52 pm And would something like this work to connect more audio in

https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=10939
It would get you more ins, but the synths connected would be sharing a single mono channel ... ok, if you're just jamming, but not ideal. Make sure the adaptor has mono inputs & a mono connection to the interface or it may not work.

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 pm
enroe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:33 am In the latest test of the "heise-verlag" --> "ct-journal" I was very surprised, that
TBH, i highly doubt that. ASIO4ALL is a driver for WDM cards, it was never meant to work well for USB interfaces, and it is neither a very good alternative to well written ASIO drivers. It's a general driver, made to work with WDM cards, to give you a decent latency with ASIO. Nothing "embedded", or optimized for a specific hardware chip. It can't work as good as a good dedicated driver.

Did they really write that?
I know that. But they did not only write it, they measured
this value - with ASIO4ALL - very surprising!

I guess for some MACs or PCs you'll reach this low latency,
but for some you won't.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”