HONEST AMP SIM REVIEWS!!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

surferman wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm I've used Amplitube for years and while you can get decent sounds right away it is very important to adjust the inputs and settings to get the best sound. I also recently started using positive grid's Bias FX and Bias Amp2 and find the ratings for those packages don't match my experience at all. I understand you are trying to get going in a hurry but the reviews seemed rushed.
The full amp suite reviews were rushed, we realize that and they are being updated with a bunch more depth to them. When we scheduled all of our reviews, we had a brain fart and didn't schedule the full amp suites for any further time than the single amps or multi-amp suites. February will bring updated reviews for all of the full amp suites like Helix, Amplitube, GR5 etc. I appreciate the suggestion forsure. Wanna win some stuff? Come on in!!

Apologies for the lack of clarity and organization in our giveaway process. This is our first time running a giveaway and like the page, we are fine tuning as we go.

To simplify, Only Saturdays will be our prize days and each giveaway will still carry a 12 hour window for entries. Come by www.honestampsimreviews.com at 12 noon or 12 midnight EST any Saturday for the remainder of January for a chance to win some truly great prizes.

I am going to wrap this thread up, we likely won't check it regularly for a while but for any suggestions on our page, plugin discussion, impulse discussion, questions and more, please head to our facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Honest-Amp-Sim ... 2128924232

Thanks for everything KVR!!! We hope you will visit the page and facebook often. Cheers!

"the Megadual is King of the Dual Rec sims" 9/10

Oh come on!

Here is a guy using Bias Fx and Bias amp to produce some fairly "metal" tones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9giUUtL ... e=youtu.be
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Reading some of your reviews. What you need to do if you have access to all these products is also post system resource usage. e.g. how much resource usage does product eat up as you load it. Thats a big factor as you usually are using the product in a DAW with and have a bunch of other stuff loaded at same time.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Hello !

I have not seen these below which are free and have yet a very good popularity, so I suggest you to add them to your list of future reviews:

From Blue Cat Audio : From Shattered Glass Audio : From Studio Devil : From Voxengo : :)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

This one, from French guys, also deserves some attention for a possible review:

ToneDeluxe from LostIn70s
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Beware, on the page for the X50 from TSE you write in the intro "The original X50 is a freeware amp that could be one of the best ever made as far as freeware goes so the new version was received well overall." but you forget to say an important thing to add : this freeware version mentioned in the intro is definitively discontinued and has been replaced by X50 v2 (the one that you review)... which is not freeware at all ($70).

:)

EDIT ! the very last version of the v1 was the v1.0.2 and it can be downloaded from a mirror of the original website, here at Archive.org. The link included in the page works.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”