HONEST AMP SIM REVIEWS!!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And yes, one of our reviewers is Polish so editing broken English can be a bit tough at 3am. We have put a ton of work into this page and our giveaway and we did it for the consumer. Just give us some time and help to spot the issues and trust us to bring you our best effort.

Oh, and the mesa was not missed in rock rack, the file I received was incomplete and it took your eyes to help us out. For that, we thank all of you.

tristan- wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:17 pm This page is a nice to have. unfortunately, some of it reads a bit "too quickly done" or rushed to publish. It would be great if a reviewer had many hours on each of the software.

some of the marks seem arbitrary -
Guitar Rig 5 7/10
Bias Amp 2 2.5/10

also, for example, the Bassdude review states:
"The Fender Bassman is in the top 5 most legendary amps of all time. Anyone that disputes this is mistaken."

I don't think that, albeit I love the Bassman. It's not in my top 5 most legendary amps of all time, and in MY opinion, I'm surely not mistaken...

Final remark - without your very own sound demos, it's all a bit pointless.
had you took your time with each of the reviews, posting a weekly or monthly review (which is already alot) you would have time to support them with videos, images, and sounds as it should be with today's mediums. Good luck.
After the initial blast of reviews we will be at one review per month. The reviews you're reading took us months to put together.

Three sound clips are going to be added to every review in the new year. That's been part of the plan from the beginning.

FYI: This is what you rated as 0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5rcU5ubvks
Now I am really curious how your sound demos will sound from the plugins which are rated better than this.

Do you have the PG products? If so, change our minds with some of your own tones instead.

If you like the PG software, that is totally cool and we wish you well in your playing but, there's no need for negativity towards us or the page simply because we don't agree on a product. Instead, how about you try trusting us and purchasing one of the 10 / 10 or 9 / 10 rated sims on the page and hopefully we can help create some trust and positive vibes.

Yes, our page has flaws and we appreciate the tips and suggestions. Please keep them coming but really is there a reason to argue about reviews? Not everyone agrees on everything but to dismiss our page because you don't like a review seems a bit rash, doesn't it?

We are just a bunch of guitarists and musicians that wanted to try and bring some balance to things while also giving every developer a level playing field where tone decides the ratings rather than a bank account and investors.
Last edited by HASR on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have personally updated the Positive Grid reviews to touch on the positives of the products rather than vehemently slagging them. They were the only reviews of their kind and we want to apologize for the speed bump. Again, please, if anyone sees spelling errors or anything incomplete, please PM this account and one of us will fix the glitch. Thank you so much for your help.

I personnaly had problems with their web based software it was sluggish. I did'nt find the sound particularly appealing usable yes but that's it. I have a free version that I picked up at one point and it's been collecting dust since.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Yes, their stuff can be a bit of a PC hog, especially when you start turning a lot of things. For us, it's just about finding fun and easy ways to get good tone. Everyone has their idea of what perfect tone is and we aren't experts but between us we have good ears and a few tricks that will at least get you in the ballpark. Cheers everyone, drive safe and Happy Festivus

It would be interesting to see how the "built in" amps in DAWs like Cubase and Logic compare to these commercial alternatives. Any plans to review those?

Peter, we have the logic amps coming for sure. I will add the others to the list for early 2019! Thanks much for the suggestion. My opinion now is that I don't think they'll hold up to the good stuff but let's find out.

Hey everyone, we just wanted to reach out and let everyone know that pretty well everything has been corrected on the page. I couldn't believe how many fragmented sentences and errors I found. I am not actually sure what happened but it seems that when I was trying to alter posting dates, a few things auto posted out of date when they weren't completed. This was absolutely embarrassing and we understand that it looks bad on us. Still new with Wordpress but everything is ironed out now.

All of us also spent an additional few hours or more with every sim we each reviewed so we could add more depth to some of them. A few of the reviews and scores have changed as a result of having added some secondary opinions. We also changed a few things so we can stick to our original plan to always look for the best in every product. The tone still decides but there's no need to be rude.

Lastly, as suggested we added a date to every review but adding prices really is a complicated thing to do. We have all thought about it and really there's just no way to do it without a potential problem involved. If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know.

Our huge month of launch giveaways begins with our first prize hunt at 12:00am EST Jan 1st.

Our giveaway is LIVE at midnight EST!! It will begin with a clue for a prize hunt and it will continue new year's day with trivia prize giveaways at 12pm, 6pm and 12pm EST. Come by and win some nice stuff!!

The site looks awesome so far and I really enjoyed having a look around. The main thing I loved was having the list of reviews on every page so I never had to navigate too much. Read what I wanted for each review and then clicked on the next one I wanted to see.

I agree with the person who suggested reviewing the sims that come with different DAWs. That would be interesting.

You guys are doing great and I wish you much success. A resource like this is arguably overdue. The amount of time and attention that has gone into it is apparent to me. I'll be visiting often! Many thanks for making it happen!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

an honest amp sim review? they ALL suck compared to a REAL bloody amp... but one does what one has to do (if you don't have a good amp... or a shitload of them lol) i own a lot of amp sims and have at least demo'd all the ones i run across and none rattle the pant leg or give that warm fuzzy feeling up your spine and give you 'goose bumps' but some are good for re-amping DI tracks for mixing purposes i suppose.

how's THAT for a honest amp sim review? anyways... good luck with your site :) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:28 am an honest amp sim review? they ALL suck compared to a REAL bloody amp...
Not true. Amplitube just updated Slash and released Dimebag Darrell DFH, two nice sounding AMP Sims with good included pedals. There is also TSE X502 for a 5150 sim.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

MadDogE134 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:28 am an honest amp sim review? they ALL suck compared to a REAL bloody amp... but one does what one has to do (if you don't have a good amp... or a shitload of them lol) i own a lot of amp sims and have at least demo'd all the ones i run across and none rattle the pant leg or give that warm fuzzy feeling up your spine and give you 'goose bumps' but some are good for re-amping DI tracks for mixing purposes i suppose.

how's THAT for a honest amp sim review? anyways... good luck with your site :) cheers
What you always have to bear in mind is that what's being emulated is an amp mic'd up, and that's then being played through your monitor speakers. The point of comparison should really always therefore not be with the sound of you playing live through a real amp, but with what that amp sounds like mic'd and recorded.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”