HONEST AMP SIM REVIEWS!!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HELLO WORLD!!

We are a group of guitarists and home recording enthusiasts that grouped together to bring the world honest, detailed and experienced reviews of guitar and bass software. Our page is the only page dedicated solely to amp sims and guitar/bass related plugins.

HASR doesn't just review the newest stuff coming out in a 2 min djent demo on youtube. We scoured the internet for every product being sold or offered free by a developer for the purpose of providing current and updated reviews. We reviewed literally everything out there and if we missed it, let us know and we will add it to the list. We omitted most of the plugins that only had 32 bit options but for some of the legendary 32-bit options we made exceptions. Our reviewers spend days reviewing every product.

We started this page to create an even playing field where the quality of the product is the key rather than a company's advertising budget. We don't take money for reviews and our page is and always will be completely ad free. No paid or planted reviews here folks.

HASR also offers a ton of reviews, tone chasing tutorials, features on gear, contests, recording help, pickup discussion and so much more. We are currently still in BETA mode as we are still adding content daily until launch.

DEVELOPERS, get in touch with us if we haven't touched base already. We are happy to review anything and we also do beta testing. Reach out, let's talk about your products!

Currently on our page there's a small developer challenge of our own and a MASSIVE month of giveaways starting JANUARY 1st!! Here's a list of the prizes. We sincerely hope you all enjoy our page and everything we have to offer. Link at the bottom!!

LAUNCH MONTH PRIZES: (More being added as we approach launch day)

A FULL YEAR ALL SITE PASS FROM IT MIGHT GET LOUD PRODUCTIONS

VALHALLIR ULTIMATE EDITION IMPULSES PACK ONE

VALHALLIR BRITAIN’S FINEST IMPULSE PACK

(3) - VALHALLIR CAB PACKS (Winner chooses packs)

BLUE CAT AUDIO AXE PACK

BLUE CAT AUDIO AXIOM

BLUE CAT AUDIO DESTRUCTOR

BRAINWORX ENGL E464VS

BRAINWORX MEGADUAL

BRAINWORX ROCKRACK

MERCURIALL AUDIO REAXIS

MERCURIALL AUDIO SS-11X

MERCURIALL AUDIO SPARK

MERCURIAL AUDIO TUBE AMP U530

KUASSA AMPLIFIKATION VERMILLION

KUASSA EFEKTOR OD BUNDLE

KUASSA KRATOS MAXIMIZER 2.0

(3) - 15% COUPONS FOR 3 SIGMA AUDIO

www.honestampsimreviews.com
Last edited by HASR on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UPDATED PRIZES ADDED!!

Great reviews! I was amazed how close to my own ratings the reviews are! Good job!
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Bookmarked.

Suggestion:
Add date of review and plugin version to your reviews.
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

The Brainworx Ampegs for UAD-2 are great.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Seems a bit incomplete, with several manufacturers listed but none of their products seem to be reviewed (like Native Instruments).

It would be nice if you could state the price of each product you review since that is usually of major interest when people consider what to get. Also support RexXx proposal to add review dates. Which software version you reviewed is also essential info.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:29 am Seems a bit incomplete, with several manufacturers listed but none of their products seem to be reviewed (like Native Instruments).

It would be nice if you could state the price of each product you review since that is usually of major interest when people consider what to get. Also support RexXx proposal to add review dates. Which software version you reviewed is also essential info.
As mentioned around our page, the page is in beta stages right now. Jan 1st is our launch date and everything in the amp sim and pedal department will be up by then at least. I will do another post noting such on the page. The reason you see the black links up with no page is so people know what products we have coming though it may seem incomplete, it will all be there shortly.

Regarding the review date and version, every review will always have the most current version and add-ons installed because monthly we will be ensuring things are updated. If there's ever a substantial update done for the software, we will redo or add to the review as needed. Our reviews will also be redone every two years. That said, we will add review dates and review revision dates to our reviews based on these suggestions.

The price is something we had in our original plan however with sales and price changes constantly, we didn't want to get into it just yet. We always put the price we paid or the price of the product at the time of receiving the NFR from the developer into our reviews and we also include a product link in every review so that people can find the current price within a moment.

Thanks for all the kind words and the insane amount of page views yesterday. Keep em all coming and feel free to message us on here or email us anytime with suggestions.

Thanks for the tip on the NI page though, it's been up and done for a bit, we just forgot to link it.

electro wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 am The Brainworx Ampegs for UAD-2 are great.
We are currently without UA capabilities but I will be buying a UA interface in the new year. I had the chance to buy one before the holidays but I bought a top shelf bass for the bass reviews instead. Trust me, the situation is already bugging me because I want at those sims haha.

Good luck man. Regarding prices, it’s a good idea to write «retail price as of review date» or something to make it easier for yourself.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

That's fair, it will go on the to do list. It's just difficult because we could end up wrongfully deterring a customer from a purchase by listing a price and having a developer lower it by half a month later. Editing reviews every time the prices change would be difficult not to mention having to know when the prices have changed. We discussed this to exhausting in the planning of the page. Any suggestions on how you would list the prices while somehow staying current?

i don't think there's anything wrong with listing MSRP. whether there are sales is up to the manufacturer.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

This page is a nice to have. unfortunately, some of it reads a bit "too quickly done" or rushed to publish. It would be great if a reviewer had many hours on each of the software.

some of the marks seem arbitrary -
Guitar Rig 5 7/10
Bias Amp 2 2.5/10

also, for example, the Bassdude review states:
"The Fender Bassman is in the top 5 most legendary amps of all time. Anyone that disputes this is mistaken."

I don't think that, albeit I love the Bassman. It's not in my top 5 most legendary amps of all time, and in MY opinion, I'm surely not mistaken...

Final remark - without your very own sound demos, it's all a bit pointless.
had you took your time with each of the reviews, posting a weekly or monthly review (which is already alot) you would have time to support them with videos, images, and sounds as it should be with today's mediums. Good luck.

Well good luck with the credibility. Those numbers seems really arbitrary.

I've just read this: https://honestampsimreviews.com/brainworx-rockrack-v3/ and it seems like you guys couldn't find the Mesa Rect-O-Verb amp sim in the product, awkward. Also I am not a native speaker, but even I spotted quite some errors in the text, it was hard to read.

Anyways, +1 to the idea about having sound demos. Also it would be good to mention if a demo is available for that particular product or you have to purchase it based on youtube videos/soundcloud samples.

Look, we aren't here to argue about anything and while I appreciate the feedback, there's no need for even slight digs. We wanna work with our users and developers to create the best page possible but keep in mind, we just got started guys, there's literally hundreds of reviews that we took real time with.

This is why we announced here first. The people around here are very nice and understand what a beta is. Yes I will admit that a few of the reviews have some quirky spelling and perhaps a couple missing factors. I am personally going through each one this evening to weed out the issues. Please PM me any issues you find.

There was not even ONE product review rushed, I can assure you all of this right now. Many of the reviews come from months or even years of use on some plugins and in the case of a new plugin, the minimum required though I will absolutely admit that some of the reviews may have been rushed into place. This is a result of late night editing and one person having to edit all the reviews.

The Positive Grid products in our opinion all deserve damn near a 0 rating because they are nothing but garbage wrapped in nice graphics with almost no value or realism. Our ratings are primarily based on TONES so the different between GR5 and PG products is massive tone wise.

Thanks for everything guys and gals. Please, be patient and we can all ensure this will be a strong resource for years to come.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”