Rapid vs Dune3?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 pm it becomes nfr after its been sold once, so you can find them
:roll:
Parawave Audio wrote: The customer is not allowed to share, sell, rent, lease, transfer, license, outsource or otherwise distribute the purchased product
https://parawave-audio.com/terms

i thought you meant Dune :roll: :roll:

Also, as a European company, thats bullshit, and illegal

I'd argue about the "illegal" (it's not illegal, really, there just have been court rulings which resulted in the allowance of resales… not the same as a general "illegal" for companies to write that their plugins are NFR in the EULA), but, what's different with a license that gets NFR after one resale?

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm Well i have to say, i just tried rapid. Absolutely love it too. I still think Dune has the best sound when it comes to oscillators and filters. But rapid sounds great and has so many sound shaping options. I love the workflow of rapid, nice drag and drop.

Also you know what this synth has that almost no other synth has? Multi stage envelopes that have SWING!!!!! This is so important and useful for many electronic styles (house/techno etc)
So many synths have these cool multi-env/sequencers that i can use because my track has so much swing in it. Using the sequencers in rapid is a pure joy. What a synth.

Shame it costs so much, but you do get a lot for your money i suppose. Will keep my eye out on here for a used one!
total agree but why does it cost too much? other vsts are more expensive and dont have all the stuff rapid has. imho rapid could be more expensive. quality, so many cool features, multisamples, wavetables etc and a mb saturator (there are mb saturator on market as fx plugins which cost 200$ and rapid has one included).

themerx wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:45 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm Well i have to say, i just tried rapid. Absolutely love it too. I still think Dune has the best sound when it comes to oscillators and filters. But rapid sounds great and has so many sound shaping options. I love the workflow of rapid, nice drag and drop.

Also you know what this synth has that almost no other synth has? Multi stage envelopes that have SWING!!!!! This is so important and useful for many electronic styles (house/techno etc)
So many synths have these cool multi-env/sequencers that i can use because my track has so much swing in it. Using the sequencers in rapid is a pure joy. What a synth.

Shame it costs so much, but you do get a lot for your money i suppose. Will keep my eye out on here for a used one!
total agree but why does it cost too much? other vsts are more expensive and dont have all the stuff rapid has. imho rapid could be more expensive. quality, so many cool features, multisamples, wavetables etc and a mb saturator (there are mb saturator on market as fx plugins which cost 200$ and rapid has one included).

Sorry, to be clear, i didnt mean *too* much. I don't think that at all, you are quite right about other synths being vastly more expensive. I just meant it was a lot for me at this point, thats all.
I think its a brilliant product. I will just wait for a sale. Gutted i missed the one just gone, but i had no idea about this synth.

Those who got the 40% off deal got an insane bargain. That's a LOT of synth for the money!!

If i had known about this i might not have bought so much other stuff over the holidays! really impressed. Great workflow too, its so quick to get really complex sounds going.

Rapid or Pigments, that's the question...

Igro wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 pm Rapid or Pigments, that's the question...
What kind of stuff do you make? Both great synths, different capabilities. Arturia is a beauty to program and has some really interesting oscillator modulations, Rapid is a multi-layer beast, which also has a great layout.

Is there a specific forum for this synth? Just searched for it and it doesn’t seem so. I can’t believe this doesn’t have more of a following.
I’m actually tempted to sell avenger to get this, as avenger, whilst an incredible synth, doesn’t work well on my system at all.
Been holding tight for a rapid sale, but get the feeling I might be waiting a long time.

I decide also to buy synths by it's copy protection. :wink:

When i have to install extra software center / Ilok / whatever i don't buy it. :uhuhuh:
It's a shame that companies still use such kind of protections just to have a better sleep.

But let me tell you something. People who use cracked synths will never buy your software. It's their SPORTS and conviction to have everything and they will never pay for it.

I know lot of DJs and Producers earning money with their music but using the plugins cracked.
Those extreme protections annoy us customers who pay for the software. WE get punished with all those protection stuff because other people decide to use cracked software. And especially about Dongle software i have read a lot of negative posts when it comes to lose the dongle (and so too the licence) etc.

So to the question is for me easy about Rapid or Pigments:
Rapid for sure. :tu:
I don't care how good or bad Pigments is.
Same goes to UVI Falcon.
I don't install a software center / dongle / force to be online for a stupid copy protection when i payd 200-400$ for it. It's as you buy a car with a tire claw. :D

Cheers :)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm Is there a specific forum for this synth? Just searched for it and it doesn’t seem so. I can’t believe this doesn’t have more of a following.
Not sure which one you mean but Synapse have their own forums - http://forum.synapse-audio.com/index.php
ReboundAudio wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:33 amWhen i have to install extra software center / Ilok / whatever i don't buy it. :uhuhuh:
It's a shame that companies still use such kind of protections just to have a better sleep.
Sure, much better that people were easily able to steal their hard work and rob them of a decent living.

I'd never buy anything that required a hardware dongle but I don't mind using things like Native Access or Arturia Software Centre. Even iLok makes my life easier because I don't have to keep a document with all my serial numbers on it any more, I just log-in to my various accounts once and I can access whatever I need, whenever I need it.
I know lot of DJs and Producers earning money with their music but using the plugins cracked.
I know a guy whose band had a Top 10 hit here in Australia and he's never bought any software in his life. Everything he uses is a crack. I've always been too honest to do that, especially where small companies are involved. It's one thing to use a crack of something from Adobe or Microsoft but to take food out of the mouths of one and two man operations is shameful.
Those extreme protections annoy us customers who pay for the software. WE get punished with all those protection stuff because other people decide to use cracked software. And especially about Dongle software i have read a lot of negative posts when it comes to lose the dongle (and so too the licence) etc.
My only problem with a dongle is that I don't have any spare ports. If I was using a desktop/tower, even that wouldn't bother me. In fact, dongles can be really handy because you can install everything on multiple machines and carry the dongle around in your pocket. e.g. I used to have Autodesk 3DS Max installed on my PC at home and all I had to do was take the dongle home form work and I could legitimately use it on my own computer. Since they stopped using dongles, I can't do that any more. I have to go through a temporary license transfer thing that's a PITA.
I don't install a software center / dongle / force to be online for a stupid copy protection when i payd 200-400$ for it. It's as you buy a car with a tire claw. :D
Ah! So that's your issue. Good news, you are wrong. You don't have to be on line for those things to work, only when you first authorise them. Once your machine is authorised, you are set and you can uninstall those utilities, except iLok, because it works in it's own little world and your plugin needs to check with it for a valid license when you load it into a project.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Dune 3 gets my vote!
:borg:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”