How to get Vocal-harmony and other FX "live" for performance ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Pretty new here, and relatively new to the world of VSTs (but not a complete n00b, I hope).

I'd like to be able to do auto/smart Vocal-harmony on the singer's voice, while adding a bit of echo, some room reverb, bit of compression, perhaps a bit of EQ as well on the signal chain (vocals), for an amateur live-performance (open-air gathering of about 100 people).

The equipment is extremely modest, and largely analog, except for my 4yr old laptop (AMD A6 4 core, 4GB RAM). I had played around with ASIO4All driver with the laptop's native audio interface, and a small, free, opensourve VST-host, and a free Reverb VST a year back, and I remember never being able to bring latency low enough to be usable. Since then, I've purchased a Behringer UM22 digital audio interface, and upgraded laptop to add RAM to 8GB RAM, and installed Linux on the Laptop (but I don't mind setting up dual-boot to Windows 10 as well, earlier it was Windows 7).

Wondering if there is any chance, if the list of effects listed, can be managed in a PC like the one described, to get ~5-6ms latency while running the full effects chain, live ? If so, what might be a recommended, very light-weight, in-expensive (if not free) VST-host ?

Are there free (or inexpensive) VSTs, that are known to work well together -- for the functions listed ?

cheers,
BD

Bump ! Anyone ?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”