Monster sound (How)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the best way to achieve monster sound.Everybody at some point make intentionally or find by accident such sound that consider or feel as monster for some reason.Here is one of mine:
Layering at least three presets - nothing can compare layering as mixing technique and unique harmonic richness of the final sound achieved even without external fx.
Please share some ideas.Thanks.

well sir, then you have a very bad understanding in how to work on sound in to the mix, because i checked your soundcloud quickly for that monster sound and it sounds decent at best (and mixdowns arent good)

I use ears to achieve my monster sound, its not about layering or anything, but expierience and when you have expierience, you use your ears accordingly, sometimes add another layer, sometimes not, just enough to eq distort.

To be honest if you dont have good listening enviroment, expierience, knowledge, those 3 or more layers can sound like a puny shit, because in the end its ears ears ears listening listening and again listening. Also another important aspect, compare, reference to really well mixed tracks.

Dont forget to take in to consideration a proper listening/monitoring enviroment, acoustics, speakers and so on. This one goes hand in hand with previously whats said. :)

So you are saying my mixes are bad,ok mister thanks but soundcloud intros are not mix at all just 5 min improvisation,what will be if spend 5 days to mix use your imagination,but on the topic how exactly you achieve monster sound by ears,maybe by moving them in different direction :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 pm Yeah super conversation is coming,i'm in a mood to fight hahahha - so you are saying my mixes are bad,ok mister thanks but soundcloud intros are not mix at all just 5 min improvisation,what will be if spend 5 days to mix use your imagination,but on the topic how exactly you achieve monster sound by ears,maybe by moving them in different direction,so if you have any idea to share please do it,cuz your ears nobody is interested at all.Thanks :)
Well still i dont hear your monster sounds. Nevertheless yes use your ears. Listen for god sake how the sound sounds and apply the tools you actually need. Eq, compression, distortion, chorus, phaser ect. Is it so hard to understand? There are no rules. Yes ofcourse you can mix layers but if you dont have a proper monitoring to listen to those layers to how they sound to do layering decisions the turnout might be worse then just 1 well mixed in sound. So in the end ears and listening whats matters :-)

Ok expose you ears and my sharp sense of humor:)I agree that you need fx and so on,but my idea was how personally every producer achieve what he consider for monster sound,you talk about 'Pro' whatever this mean present days,studio work and how to make perfect mix,ok let say it's not your goal,but just single sound outside the mix,just a bass for example how you gonna make it monster?I did such stuff 4-5 years spending days by creating layers,even release them as soundbank and inside the mix is even more brutal feeling that sound cause,no mater how incorrect as description this is,so we talk different stuff maybe.Cheerz :)

Here is the answer everything related to monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ti6hFQTI9o

very cool remix :)

The question was about monster sound not monsters sounding... With a real Monstersound he would dance more and get closer to his underweight chics...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”