My amp sims keep shutting off

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
I'm very new to T7 and when I start to record guitar, I load my vst amp and cab SIM and start playing. After a couple of minutes, the vst plugins turn off and and im left with a very quiet dry signal that you can nearly hear. The is also no level on the main level but I am getting level on my input level. What is going on?

Are the sims demos that may be timing out after a set period?

Shouldn't be. I got them from vst4free.com. I'm getting input signal but nothing thru the main level. I can even hear the dry signal thru my headphones

What soundcard hardware are you using?

You say you hear a "very quiet" dry signal - is that through the DAW or some bypass direct monitoring?

I've heard of cases where a soundcard (usually not a "pro" card but a built in card) has "noise elimination" that stops the signal passed in to any audio software if the level drops "too low".

So, usual deal when isolating a problem - first get rid of everything on the signal chain, setting all gain to 0dB, and make sure the signal is going through the route you think it is.
- Guitar ->
-> Audio In (soundcard ADC) ->
-> Track (DAW) ->
-> Master (DAW) ->
-> Audio Out (soundcard DAC) ->
-> Ears

Get that working so the level you see on Audio Out is the level you see on Audio In. Next, if the level is still "very quiet" check you're using the right impedance input on the soundcard Audio In. Once that's correct, you may want to boost the input level so the level meter is showing a good value - as always, you're aiming for Audio In getting close to 0dB when you're playing as loud as you're going to (pre-amp SIM, of course - that's after the Audio In).

Once you have that working, drop the amp sim into the track and adjust the track input level so the output level isn't causing clipping at the Audio Out.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”