Free mixing and production workshop

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else signed up to this??

https://www.waves.com/courses/demo-to-master

It’s free, so I figured “why not”, even if it does end up being a bit of an promotion for them I think it will still hold some value. I just hope they don’t do some “in your face” type of marketing.

Either way, I think it’s a small price to pay for a free course.

Thanks for linking this, I'm sure there'll be something new to learn in the Q&A sessions

Can you do this course without using Pro Tools?

I'm asking because it says: "Before you watch each lesson, you will be able to download the stems for three of the songs Dave will be mixing, as well as two multitrack Pro Tools sessions with Dave’s mix templates and presets, so you can practice what you learn hands-on."

Sounds like they are providing raw stems, so it should be fine for importing into your DAW of choice. You’ll probably have to forego the Protools session files, though, assuming you don’t use Protools.

You could probably use the free clouded ProTools...

Starts today, got the first course email

Have people been following it?? I've yet to check out the second episode which I will probably do shortly.

Yes there's definitely some stuff to learn but it's not really in depth, it's more a hints & tips to mixing rather than a mixing tutorial

Digivolt wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am Yes there's definitely some stuff to learn but it's not really in depth, it's more a hints & tips to mixing rather than a mixing tutorial
That's what I got from the first one. Im picked up a tip or too, that's always helpful. It's always more helpful if I can remember what they bloody were!! Haha!!

It should come back to me, my mind's a bit preoccupied with other things right now. I think the interview with Jack was pretty good as you don't often get those with tutorials and he certainly had a few pointers of this own to offer. I also like the fact that Dave demonstrated the principles in practice across a few mixes, and how he's approach varies bit, depending on what was required for each. If only the mixers were a bit more diverse in genre.

It might even be worthwhile living feedback, so that next time they might offer some more in-depth topics. It's not bad for a first attempt. There was a tiny bit of promoting, but thank god it wasn't a bloody infomercial!! Haha!!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”