SynthMaster 2.9 Player: won't save my preset favorites

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in the main screen, I rightclick a preset, (say, "Pad Ice Cavern"), I click "Add Pad Ice Cavern to favourites". Then I click on favourites, and nothing shows up in the "preset" box. Am I missing something. It seems pretty simple what to do, but it doesn't store my favorite.

Yes, that seems to be the case, I tried to do what you did but it didn't work. A pity, since it's a handy feature -- I didn't know about it, just bought it. In e.g. Reaper, a workaround is to save the preset in Reapers own save fx function. A bit of a hassle. That add to favorites would be nice to have.

I'm having this issue with Synthmaster latest version 2.9.7
whether I run it as a standalone or within Reaper.

No Favourites show in the Browser, even though Synthmaster knows that I tagged it as Favourite because it will allow me to 'Remove...from Favourites'
Last edited by PhotonBoy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

More info, and, a Workaround:

I'm on Win 7 Pro 64, if that matters.

Workaround:
Right Click on the name of the currently loaded Preset, and the drop-down menu shows 'My Favourites'.

This is a Browser bug, in that the Browser itself can't show the presets with a 'Favourites' attribute or tag.

Thanks.

I agree that the browser attribute "Favourite" does seem somewhat bugged, however the method described above to right-click on the currently loaded preset name seems to work fine, and reliably shows the context menu for "My Favourites".

This works in either the plugin or standalone version of SM 2.9.7. I am running Win10 Pro x64.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Here's another useful point:
When in the Browse tab, under 'Attributes' > 'Favourite' does show the proper list,
however, the 'Bank' of 'Favourites' does not,
and that's what I think we've all been trying to get working, as it should.

So:
Browse>Attributes>Favourite works
Browse>Bank>Favourites does not work

I hope this helps.

Question to PhotonBoy:
Regarding: So:

Where do I access "Attributes" in the Player? Can't seem to see that on the screen.
thx.

PhotonBoy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm Here's another useful point:
When in the Browse tab, under 'Attributes' > 'Favourite' does show the proper list,
however, the 'Bank' of 'Favourites' does not,
and that's what I think we've all been trying to get working, as it should.

So:

I hope this helps.
Well at least in my setup, the "Attributes > Favourite" only works temporarily. It saves everything I tag as favorite in the current sessiuon, but If I close the project and that instance of SynthMaster, the correct list is not remembered when I open up a new instance of SynthMaster again.

So I am guessing that attribute info is being saved to a temp location, or something like that.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

nevermind someone already said it

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”