Most undiscussed vst effects

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LVC-Audio OptoPress pegged on bass, nails the pesky thing down, yes sir. :hihi:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Lots of great suggestions here! The FX versions of NI's FM8 and Absynth (as well as u-he's Zebrify) are impressive multi-FX with their own strong, unique flavors.

PSP's N2O multi-FX is a remarkable tool, I wish it would get some love from its maker - starting with a larger GUI. Looks like a bunch of its functions have been turned into individual Cherry Voltage Modular modules. While we're at it, PSP's OldTimer compressor and Voxengo's Marquis compressor don't get a lot of hype but serve up great tones on the clean to colored tonal continuum. And the PSP Mix Tools - especially the compressor, saturator, gate, and bass enhancer - have a knack for transforming mundane sounds into distinctive ones with a ton of character.

Plus - the Tape Saturation algorithm on ToneBoosters' Barricade gets overshadowed by ReelBus but it's one bit of digital fairy dust I haven't been able to do without since I discovered it.

Delay Lama, how can you not talk about it.

I've got quite a few rather expensive plugins UAD, Fabfilter Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate to name a few but these guys along with Kilohearts are doing some great stuff and the price does not reflect the great quality... https://www.denise.io
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm ...really good stuff remain in a shadow of discussion......
That dark place no one talks about.

Some guitar fx that don't get much love here: Guitar Rig and Line 6 Gearbox (long discontinued). Hint: they're not just for guitars.
A well-behaved signature.

Completely agree with Surreal Machines Modnetic & Diffuse. They sound so so good and is so well designed and nobody seem to discuss them. Even the no-parameter reverb section alone is used a lot just because it sounds great and is fast to use.

I'd also add CraveEQ from CraveDSP. I demo'd it next to Fabfilter Q2 and ReaEQ and it was such a significant step up soundwise, i was actually pretty surprised. If there is one plugin i wish people tried out it is this one. It's like a cheap Q2 with less features and much better sound.

cantaloupe wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:39 am Completely agree with Surreal Machines Modnetic & Diffuse. They sound so so good and is so well designed and nobody seem to discuss them. Even the no-parameter reverb section alone is used a lot just because it sounds great and is fast to use.

I'd also add CraveEQ from CraveDSP. I demo'd it next to Fabfilter Q2 and ReaEQ and it was such a significant step up soundwise, i was actually pretty surprised. If there is one plugin i wish people tried out it is this one. It's like a cheap Q2 with less features and much better sound.
I sing Surreal Machine praises every chance I get and indeed it’s like it makes the room go silent.

Ribs - quite powerful granular system https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... /4647-Ribs

also n the same vein - Soundmorph Dust gets little coverage except for being buggy as an effect, but that is the VST3 that is buggy, if you use the VST2 as an effect it is not that buggy at all - and very quick to get interesting effects, and once you understand the workflow it is very predictable as well
what you don't know only makes you stronger

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm In my experience: Less discussion = worse product.
Surprisingly not true.
Often there are other reasons for an effect not being popular.
Some of the best effects dont get mentioned here very often due to price.

This is especially true for plugins that require hardware such as UAD, definitely good stuff, just very expensive by comparison.

cron wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 am Polyverse's Manipulator. I'm baffled by how rarely it seems to be mentioned, particularly given that extreme vocal edits/transformations are so in fashion. My initial post about it here predicted it would be all over the charts within weeks and said that it felt like 'the next Autotune' in terms of extreme vocal processing, but whether or not it's either of those things, it's certainly not all over KVR.
I’ve heard it in tons of tracks for a hot minute.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

+1 Marquis compressor.
and Zebrify needs some love : )

FabFilter Volcano 2

Still super useful.

Firebird wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 am FabFilter Volcano 2

Still super useful.
Yeah, I think so too. You can do so much with it.

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 am I sing Surreal Machine praises every chance I get and indeed it’s like it makes the room go silent.
Aren't they some more or less basic delays? 😬

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”