Most undiscussed vst effects

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shepard tones. I wonder why nobody makes VST's which can quickly turn a piece of audio into a looping riser. Most of it would just be pitch-bending and cross-fading, wouldn't it?

Konduktor wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 am Shepard tones. I wonder why nobody makes VST's which can quickly turn a piece of audio into a looping riser. Most of it would just be pitch-bending and cross-fading, wouldn't it?
iZotope Moebius Filter?

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 am
Konduktor wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 am Shepard tones. I wonder why nobody makes VST's which can quickly turn a piece of audio into a looping riser. Most of it would just be pitch-bending and cross-fading, wouldn't it?
iZotope Moebius Filter?
Glitchmachines Polygon?

Konduktor wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 am Shepard tones.
Btw it's quite easy to make that effect in Mequalizer. I couldn't find the video now but those modulators kick ass :tu:

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/index.php?p=eseries
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Nice :love: Mmmmmmm how does it compare to MDA Shepard?

Does NORA qualify as an 'effect'? It is a VST, it does not generate sound... I've always been amazed that it got so little attention, there is nothing quite like it - basically a mult-midi-channel, multi-pattern piano roll controlled like an arpeggiator, it can provide an incomparable live (or studio) melodic performance. Squareheads deserved a ton of love for that thing.

1) Sonic Charge Permut8.

It’s an amazing a 12-bit digital delay with variable sample rate from 0 to 352 khz with fantastic state variable filter and analog style saturation. You can manipulate the bits to modulate the delay.

You can also load different firmwares to change it’s functionality: https://soniccharge.com/permut8.

I love it.

2) Surreal Machines Modnetic & Diffuse.

I simply can’t understand why these don’t get more hype. Modnetic is a convolution reverb, chorus/flanger/phaser and Space-Echo style space delay, where the modulator and reverb routing to the delay can be changed. But the key for me is the character parameter, which changes the way these components interact with another to create a huge range of sounds.

Diffuse can go from delay to a reverb and can produce some out of this world sounds. They even gave it away free for awhile, which I thought was insane. Totally flys under the radar.

3) TAL Mod

Any hype died quickly on this one. Sound quality is stellar, in my opinion. Two oscillators with unison and stero spread and a sub oscillator, multi color noise, two multi mode filters which can act in serial or parallel with crossover, filter saturation, three diode based envelopes which adjustable ADSR curves, global high pass, one band EQ, reverb, delay, arpegiator, modulation sequencer. Clean UI and very cheap.

4) Creative Intent Tantrum.

Luscious or nasty phase distortion. Can be subtle or absolutely brutal. Download the demo, dial up the TAL Mod Bass Attack preset with some stereo 3 voice detuned unison on the 2nd osc. Have fun.

Very hard to be found anymore but my personal favorite free 32bit delay - TDAe FD Stereo :
https://rekkerd.org/tda-releases-tdae-fd-stereo/

Its funny, I don't see many threads about UAD effects.

Some of the best....

Loomer is well known, but I don't think I've seen the unique Manifold get mentioned, ever.

bookmarking Creative Intent, seems intriguing...

Audio Assault?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Nice :love: Mmmmmmm how does it compare to MDA Shepard?

The MDA plugin is a shepherd-tone generator; Endless Series will do that too, but its also a 'shepherd-effect' ie flanger/phaser/ringmod based on the same principle.

Much more flexible, with lots of interesting control options too.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Heads-up for those asking about a sale: Polyverse Manipulator is currently $59 in the Black Friday sale. Direct from The Polyverse website.

Cheaper at JRR...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”