Most undiscussed vst effects

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey i've tested many vst effects on this planet and i always wonder why some things always have more attention than others - some are technically better ok,but sometimes really good stuff remain in a shadow of discussion - like Tube Saturator Vintage is amazing,well known and probably 'better' in many aspects than some commercial effects,but personally i feel it's not enough discussed and appreciated...
If you have favorites,which you think deserve more attention than they have,please share opinion.Thanks.

In my experience: Less discussion = worse product. There's discussion and hype for a reason. Even though here, price or sympathy for indie developers also play into.

Tube Saturator Vintage is great BTW. Slaughters your CPU though, like all nice sounding saturators/overdrive effects. Although I think SDRR plays in the same ballpark, and isn't nearly as CPU expensive.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acustica Navy, maybe. The 1073/81 EQ, not saying it's any better than anything else, but very different in its results. Image
Tried the demo, out of my price range. If it was sub €50 it would sell like hot cakes.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

VMinion

Amazing little 'filter' contraption
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I disagree with less discussion inherently equaling lower quality. In many cases they're not the latest hyped flavor of the moment toy, or not currently on sale.

PSP N2O - High-quality multi-FX with extensive modulation

Voxengo Marquis Compressor (character compressor) and Drumformer/Voxformer (versatile channel strips)

Overloud Breverb 2 and EAReverb (extremely capable algorithmic reverbs)

Warmverb

Winstontaneous wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:11 pm I disagree with less discussion inherently equaling lower quality. In many cases they're not the latest hyped flavor of the moment toy, or not currently on sale.

PSP N2O - High-quality multi-FX with extensive modulation

Voxengo Marquis Compressor (character compressor) and Drumformer/Voxformer (versatile channel strips)

Overloud Breverb 2 and EAReverb (extremely capable algorithmic reverbs)
Drumformer is amazing but I never been a fan of Voxformer, doesn't sound good to me.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Perfect thread to mention Hofa 4U who seem to have some high quality pro products at great prices including theyre extremely intriguing looking System bundle.
I bring them up cuz they even have a freeware version of System Basic which is 30 different modules and over 300 presets including theure plate Algo Reverb and i cant find one review or video in English on it.

ArtsAcoustic CL compressor, it has it's unique sound.http://www.artsacoustic.com/artsacoustic_clseries.php
Winstontaneous wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:11 pm PSP N2O - High-quality multi-FX with extensive modulation
EAReverb (extremely capable algorithmic reverbs)
Totally agree :tu:

Winstontaneous wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:11 pm PSP N2O - High-quality multi-FX with extensive modulation
dandezebra wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:26 am Warmverb

Agree totally with these.. Generally I feel that multifx plugins don't really get any attention. Wonder why.. Warmverb is pretty much essential tool for me.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 am Generally I feel that multifx plugins don't really get any attention. Wonder why..
My experience with multi FX Plugins is that the included fx are... decent. Not great. While specialized fx plugins can be pretty awesome. Really was the case with about every multi fx plugin I tried, Diversion Fx, Tantra, Warmverb, that other multi fx plugin from Tone2 whose name I forgot now etc. The reverb in Warmverb is quite nice though. Again, I have specialized reverb plugins which sounds better.

AFAIC, multi fx plugins seem to be better for sound mangling than for the use of the single fx modules.

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:17 am AFAIC, multi fx plugins seem to be better for sound mangling than for the use of the single fx modules.
Isn't that the idea? Being multi-fx and so.. :roll:

I guess. My point rather was that the included fx are mediocre in most cases. Sort of like soft synth included fx'.

Polyverse's Manipulator. I'm baffled by how rarely it seems to be mentioned, particularly given that extreme vocal edits/transformations are so in fashion. My initial post about it here predicted it would be all over the charts within weeks and said that it felt like 'the next Autotune' in terms of extreme vocal processing, but whether or not it's either of those things, it's certainly not all over KVR.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”