Best DAW poll

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zenophilix wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm
voidhead23 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:03 am
fmr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm I would be more interested in an ugliest looking DAW poll. Did anyone manage to top Ableton?
I don't think anyone ever will. They did a really great job at creating something so ugly looking. :hihi:
i love Live's interface, and prefer it over any other DAW. Must be in the minority. It has also honestly shaped my opinion about what plugins and soft synth GUI's should look like, as well.
Yeah, really don't get why people get so upset about Live's UI. It makes it so much easier for me to work.
I agree. Clean lines, no faux 3D, everything on two screens. What's not to like?

BTW Why is this in Getting Started?

chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 pm I agree. The GUI is alright though. No problem to work with it, really.
Yes totally OK and easy to find your way and work for hours. But could be sleeker :)
I find something common about Logic and Live GUI that attracts me . Don't know how to describe it but miss it with Studio One :)

andypryce wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:49 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:39 pm I agree. The GUI is alright though. No problem to work with it, really.
Yes totally OK and easy to find your way and work for hours. But could be sleeker :)
I find something common about Logic and Live GUI that attracts me . Don't know how to describe it but miss it with Studio One :)
I get what you mean, although I do actually tend to prefer the 10.2 GUI. Bit darker, little easier to look at imo.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Yes it was better

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm Of course ppl will vote for the DAW that is the easiest one to find "cracked", and because of that it's also the most used, and because of that it has most tutorials, and because of that it's still the most known DAW to the mass. And then it circles back to the pirating again.
huh, nice.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm Clean lines, no faux 3D, everything on two screens. What's not to like?
There's anythng to like in it, IMO :lol:

Totally bland, ugly as hell and uninspiring.

That's why taste shouldn't be discussed.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm Clean lines, no faux 3D, everything on two screens. What's not to like?

Wow.... So right! To each his own I guess... I use Ableton BECAUSE it inspires ideas. I don't think it's the sleekest looking DAW but I also use Logic, which IS sleek as hell, imo.

Seriously? Mario Paint didn’t make this list???

Wow- someone should tell all the commercial recording and post production studios that they are using the wrong software!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:10 pm Wow- someone should tell all the commercial recording and post production studios that they are using the wrong software!
I did try... but they kept hanging the phone up on me...
Some ppl, they just don't listen. WTF, "let them eat cake"

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm
There's anythng to like in it, IMO :lol:

Ugly as hell is subjective, though? Isn't that the point you tried to make in the very next sentence?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

These sort of polls have no relation to the term "Best" as they suggest. If users vote, they vote for what they know. Most know one DAW... It tells more about market share and community strength than about quality. The community is something to take into consideration, but not market share... All other important properties, just to mention features, are completely ignored...
Unless you would restrict the vote to those who tested and worked with all of them, its useless and on top of that a matter of taste...
I bet they also adjust the placement according to their ads generated income...

My Best DAW(s) for 2018 and probably 2019 are :P :

1. Maschine 2.7 (I love the simplicity. The only DAW that makes me completely focused on making music!)

2. Bitwig 2.3 (I might upgrade to 2.5 later in mid 2019. This has the best integration with nektar P4 and in general a great DAW with fantastic workflow and clear GUI and fonts).

3. Studio One v4 (My favourite linear DAW for now. I was fool to abandon it in the past, but I'm glad that I have returned to it. Excellent design and workflow. Now with very good CPU optimization).

4. Live 9 (Standard). This was my choice before buying Maschine. If I bought Push 2, it would be my number one of course, but I think I prefer Maschine :)

5. Reaper 5 is my first DAW to trigger when I want to test a VST or an idea. It is a very capable but I really don't like the workflow or the design of mouse scrolling and shortcuts in general.

6. FL Studio. It might deserve number 1 in Music Radar Polls, but not for me. I tried hard to absorb it workflow, but I failed. I just find myself can't produce a whole piece.

I mostly use Maschine now, but Bitwig and S1 are almost equally used in the second place. I'm also not sure I want to let Live 9 go.

EnGee wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 am My Best DAW(s) for 2018 and probably 2019 are :P :

1. Maschine 2.7 (I love the simplicity. The only DAW that makes me completely focused on making music!)

2. Bitwig 2.3 (I might upgrade to 2.5 later in mid 2019. This has the best integration with nektar P4 and in general a great DAW with fantastic workflow and clear GUI and fonts).

3. Studio One v4 (My favourite linear DAW for now. I was fool to abandon it in the past, but I'm glad that I have returned to it. Excellent design and workflow. Now with very good CPU optimization).

4. Live 9 (Standard). This was my choice before buying Maschine. If I bought Push 2, it would be my number one of course, but I think I prefer Maschine :)

5. Reaper 5 is my first DAW to trigger when I want to test a VST or an idea. It is a very capable but I really don't like the workflow or the design of mouse scrolling and shortcuts in general.

6. FL Studio. It might deserve number 1 in Music Radar Polls, but not for me. I tried hard to absorb it workflow, but I failed. I just find myself can't produce a whole piece.

I mostly use Maschine now, but Bitwig and S1 are almost equally used in the second place. I'm also not sure I want to let Live 9 go.
why only 6? use more

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”