Best DAW poll

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Panda Tracker is not on the list, so I can't vote for the only objectively right option. Fail.

I would be more interested in an ugliest looking DAW poll. Did anyone manage to top Ableton?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm I would be more interested in an ugliest looking DAW poll. Did anyone manage to top Ableton?
I don't think anyone ever will. They did a really great job at creating something so ugly looking. :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I expect FL will win again, it won last year and that was before FL 20 came out! :D
Do they do a poll for 'best synth' or is that curated by them?

I voted for Reason :hyper:

*edit* For a reason 8)

recursive one wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm I would be more interested in an ugliest looking DAW poll. Did anyone manage to top Ableton?
SAW STUDIO!

fmr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm
I don't think anyone ever will. They did a really great job at creating something so ugly looking. :hihi:
i love Live's interface, and prefer it over any other DAW. Must be in the minority. It has also honestly shaped my opinion about what plugins and soft synth GUI's should look like, as well.

voidhead23 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:03 am
i love Live's interface, and prefer it over any other DAW. Must be in the minority. It has also honestly shaped my opinion about what plugins and soft synth GUI's should look like, as well.
Yeah, really don't get why people get so upset about Live's UI. It makes it so much easier for me to work.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Same here. I used Reason in the past. Tried a few demos and settled on Live for many reasons one of those being the nice, clean uncluttered interface. FL Studio demo was the worst for me. A complete mess of a UI. Couldn't wait to get it removed from my system.

Of course ppl will vote for the DAW that is the easiest one to find "cracked", and because of that it's also the most used, and because of that it has most tutorials, and because of that it's still the most known DAW to the mass. And then it circles back to the pirating again.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Personally, I don't use Live, so I can't say anything to its benefit, but I do use Bitwig, which does have a similar interface, and I love it soooo much. Renoise has a seriously underrated and ... descriptive UI :hihi:. But if you're looking for meh UI, I'd say REAPER comes close. I love it, but sometimes it just feels clunky.

canadian_moose wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 pm
Same here. I used Reason in the past. Tried a few demos and settled on Live for many reasons one of those being the nice, clean uncluttered interface. FL Studio demo was the worst for me. A complete mess of a UI. Couldn't wait to get it removed from my system.
Midnight FL looks quite good IMO
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I like Live and Logic GUI the most but I use Studio One mostly and wish they had better graphic designers.

I agree. The GUI is alright though. No problem to work with it, really.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”