Best Marshall tone (Plexi - JTM 45)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I like the Red Pig from IKM Amplitube 4 with a Nebula cab ...

https://www.aj-guitar.com/blog/amp-sim- ... runch.html
my music: aj-guitar.com

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 pm Might be worth a look
Deluxe1
Mercuriall free amps and pedals.
Deluxe1 isn't a Plexi, nor is it even a Marshall
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I do like messing with tweeds as well but could not find a demo for the Deluxe1 (just a buy option). Did not look hard....no funds for any gear - software (at this time) so probably for the best. Rock on all.... \m/

Burillo wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:27 pm Deluxe1 isn't a Plexi, nor is it even a Marshall
True. It would be a Fender Deluxe Amp.

JTM 45 is a copy of a Fender 5F6-A Bassman. There may have been a alteration of valves.Image
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Very nice vid. I have good pedals. Perhaps I need to rethink my signal chain? To my left is pedals going into a JTM45 "clone" amp and some Greenback speakers. To the right is audio device which goes into the PC (and various amp emulation - cab, virtual pedals, etc. software).

Thought I tried running the pedal chain into the audio device (using amp sim software) and did not care for the results. Felt it sounded better using the "virtual" pedals available in the various software (or stand alone pedals before the amp software within the DAW). That was early on using emulation (all things audio on the PC) so was still trying to figure things out. Have a Torpedo Captor and can run my amp into the audio device using various IR's so have some options from day to day to keep things fresh.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Kuassa Caliburn is the most convincing I've heard.

I particularly like Mercuriall's amp simulations, which, if the name is any indication, are obviously already going for the Marshall vibe. I don't use them for how much they sound like the real hardware, however--I just use them because of how good they sound to me.

I have read that you can get some very Marshall-like tones from their Spark plugin in particular, and while I can't compare it with any real Marshall amps because I don't have any, I am getting sounds like I remember hearing from other people's Marshall stacks.
Ben M

Recourt wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 pm Kuassa Caliburn is the most convincing I've heard.
I am 4 hours into the Caliburn demo. It is real nice. Strat through the JTM45 their sound impulses. Good...would like to hear their version of a super lead.

Thanks for the heads up!

:tu:

Hey there! My reviewers and I just finished reviewing every Marshall sim currently in existence so I thought I would share my opinions.

For starters, check out Thermionik, the collection includes several vintage Marshall amp sims. The JTM 45, Super Lead, Plexi, 800 and three JMP models are well represented. With these we had to use our own impulses and loader which actually made it more fun. Ownhammer has a huge wealth of Marshall cab impulses that made it REAL easy to find all the tones we were looking for.

The Mercuriall Spark is another real good Marshall plugin. It has four Marshall amps, three vintage and one modern. The LePou / Poulin Hybrit even as old as it is provides some fantastic Marshall tones. Lastly, Kuassa's Amplifikation Caliburn sounds very good and it's a great sim for a great price.

I hope this helped you out. Check out our page if you wanna read the reviews on all the amps I mentioned. You can also look at Helix Native, it's got some nice Marshall additions.

www.honestampsimreviews.com

HASR wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 pm Hey there! My reviewers and I just finished reviewing every Marshall sim currently in existence so I thought I would share my opinions.

For starters, check out Thermionik, the collection includes several vintage Marshall amp sims. The JTM 45, Super Lead, Plexi, 800 and three JMP models are well represented. With these we had to use our own impulses and loader which actually made it more fun. Ownhammer has a huge wealth of Marshall cab impulses that made it REAL easy to find all the tones we were looking for.

The Mercuriall Spark is another real good Marshall plugin. It has four Marshall amps, three vintage and one modern. The LePou / Poulin Hybrit even as old as it is provides some fantastic Marshall tones. Lastly, Kuassa's Amplifikation Caliburn sounds very good and it's a great sim for a great price.

I hope this helped you out. Check out our page if you wanna read the reviews on all the amps I mentioned. You can also look at Helix Native, it's got some nice Marshall additions.

www.honestampsimreviews.com
Look forward to regularly reading your site! Thanks!!!

Not a problem whatsoever, it's what we do. We want to have a presence on KVR over any other forum. Unlike many forums, there's a general love for all types of music here and we share that love. We also have a real passion for freeware so obviously this is the place to be!! We look forward to helping out whenever we can.

Have you considered any of the Tech21 pedals such as the GT2? They do a fantastic job at both amp and cab simulation
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”