Most undiscussed vst synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey i've tested almost every existing vst synth on this planet and i always wonder why some things always have more attention than others - some are technically better ok,but sometimes really good stuff remain in a shadow of discussion - like Synth1 is amazing,well known and probably 'better' in many aspects than some commercial synths,but personally i feel it's not enough discussed and appreciated...
If you have favorites,which you think deserve more attention than they have,please share opinion.Thanks.

Synth1 isn't that great, even compared to other free synths. It's not bad by any means, but let's be honest. It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).

The fundamental 4P Axiom is "the quality of a synth is proportional to its price, presets and posts about it"
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

twitewhite wrote:It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).
Heh heh...

So what's the point here? :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

Synth 1 is somewhat cool, I'll give it that, but if you could pay some money you could get Hive, or Avenger!

Actually, many other cool Virtuals too! Still, there is this notion of getting what you pay for. 8) :hihi:

Some get more attention than others because there are gazillions of preset packs available for them.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Hey i've tested almost every existing vst synth
Including all the thousands of SE and SM ones? How much time did you spend on each of them then?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Last five years could say 'professionally' as sound designer and before that from the beginning of the vst technology - Synth1(to me) is far more superior than most free vst whenit comes to sound ,but it seems nobody spend time to test seriously synths inside the mix ,neither have any favorites....

Synth1 isn't discussed and appreciated, on KVR, buahahaahah

Most undiscussed DAW? Reaper :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

The most undiscusssed vst synths are:
, and

I feel like Steinberg Neon is underappreciated. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Not just one but two, in the Tracktion Micro Synth pack. It was sold as a bundle upgrade with Tracktion 6 and 7. Then Biotek and Collective came, the DAW was renamed to Waveform, and the pack was never heard from again. If you go to the old URL for it, it's empty, not even a 404.

It contains a one-oscillator VA synth using code from the mda JX10, and a 2-OP FM synth using code from the mda DX10, both with contemporary GUIs. They are both VSTs and load in other DAWs, so it's not limited to Tracktion/Waveform.

ChordwarePA

Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.

Halfnhalf wrote:Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.
+1
An UI upgrade would be great, though, to maintain its competitive edge.

WolfKay wrote:
Halfnhalf wrote:Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.
+1
An UI upgrade would be great, though, to maintain its competitive edge.
+1
Afaik he's planning V2.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”