Best Delay Plugin?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Satin. No other delay needed.
But I also use Ubermod, that Valhalla freebie, Sandman, Fault and Cubase's (studio) chorus and flanger. And Kuassa's new flanger, etc, etc.

mholloway wrote:Sandman Pro IS impressive. And it can do all sorts of amazing things you'll never be able to do with H-Delay. I have too many delay plugins, but if there was just one among them I would super strongly recommend, I think it would indeed be Sandman Pro.

-M
Its a delay on steroids (and acid).

V-Plugs: Echo Trip
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just picked up Blue Cat's Late Replies multi-tap delay. Been having fun with it, and it's rather versatile. But with the versatility comes some complexity. The absolute best feature is that it can host third party plugins in the taps!

Unfiltered Audio's Sandman Pro, which is great! And was also already mentioned.

Then, the ones that weren't (mentioned, that is. But also great!) :

D16 Sigmund. Aahhh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kLlKtEThgA

Fabfilter Timeless 2. Oohh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhwAqVpybEw

:D

Unfiltered Audio have everyone beat on delay

My favorite is TDAe FD Stereo

H-delay is another good one.

Aloysius wrote:That one that Elton John uses. Can't remember the name. It's by Boz Digital Labs.
No, it's not. Elton John doesn't necessarily even know what plugin to use, that's why he asks his producer to choose one. And no, the producer doesn't choose a Boz plugin either but allegedly a Waves one. Supposedly because that's what he/she trusts getting the job done.

But your suggestion of Boz Imperial Delay is a good one, it's a great delay. :tu:

Surreal Machines Diffuse
TAL Dub Delay
TAL UNO-X
Eventide UltraTap
Sonic Charge Echobode
Image Line Fruity Delay 3
HY-Delay 3
iZotope DDLY
Ohmforce Ohmboyz
Native Instruments Replika
Musical Entropy Spaceship Delay
Tritik TKDelay
Valhalla FreqEcho
Softube Tube Delay
E-Phonic Retrodelay
Waves Supertap
Audiothing Outer Space

(Did I miss any? :hihi: )

From that list TAL Dub Delay and Audiothing Outer Space are my current favourites :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

subterfuge wrote:
Aloysius wrote:That one that Elton John uses. Can't remember the name. It's by Boz Digital Labs.
No, it's not. Elton John doesn't necessarily even know what plugin to use, that's why he asks his producer to choose one. And no, the producer doesn't choose a Boz plugin either but allegedly a Waves one. Supposedly because that's what he/she trusts getting the job done.

But your suggestion of Boz Imperial Delay is a good one, it's a great delay. :tu:
I meant Elton Jong-Un. Sorry for any confusion.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's ok, anybody can get confused occasionally. I just think that mistaken joke has had its day. There could've been more accurate and funny ones to be made back in the day, this one was just besides the point.

Although not the most advanced delays within my plugin collection, these are the delay plugins that I presently use most often:

* D16 Group Tekturon
* Fabfilter Timeless 2
* Metric Halo Dirty Delay
* PSP Audioware Echo
* Soundtoys EchoBoy / EchoBoy Jr.

Overall, my delay needs are fairly basic. I usually load up the Metric Halo Dirty Delay or Soundtoys EchoBoy Jr. as first options, which usually work well for the tasks at hand.

When it is released for the Windows OS platform, McDSP's EC-300 Echo Collection will definitely become my go-to delay plugin. Unfortunately, I have only used it a few times at a friend's studio, but I think it is amazing.

A good free one is spaceship delay by Musical Entropy, you can find it here on KVR.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”