Who are the top ten patch sound designers ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are so many and I'm finding more each day.

I've never been more impressed than with Big Tone's presets, especially his work on Hypersonic 2, which was a lot of the factory patches. Unfinished and Zahev makes nice patches too. I could probably list 10 others if I stop to think, some I only know from there first name, like Brandon who released Starmap for Dune 2 etc.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Nightpolymath wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:15 pm One of my favourites is 7Skies, who recently also developed a Kontakt instrument called Getlow.
I remember he (David Boldini) made also good trance presets for Massive and Sylenth. Unfortunately he lost a bit of his reputation after he copied from a song (Firewall "Sincere") and released it as his own song "Sushi" without mention the original producers.

Continually inspired by:

Howard Scarr
Zak (VintageSynthPads)
Matt Bowdler (The Unfinished)
Jean-Michel Jarre (you know)

I like what Daniel "Status" Stawczyk did for LittleOne.

4damind wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:02 am
Nightpolymath wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:15 pm One of my favourites is 7Skies, who recently also developed a Kontakt instrument called Getlow.
I remember he (David Boldini) made also good trance presets for Massive and Sylenth. Unfortunately he lost a bit of his reputation after he copied from a song (Firewall "Sincere") and released it as his own song "Sushi" without mention the original producers.
Yes, that was pretty blatant, but I guess it still does not detract from his sound programming talents. Stupid move on his part there.

7URBO wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:10 am not sure if mentioned but for me it's gotta be ...

Sound7

I own all the repro-5 patches( synth wave and esoteric) had I other synths I'd probably own their other sets as well judging the demos

I own repro packs from other designers but for me this ones are a cut above

https://soundcloud.com/sound7seven/repr ... eric-vol-2

stunning
acYm wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:51 am ^that looks like some bank indeed. I remember he has a decent one for strobe2, which is rare
Would have to agree with this, best I've heard are SOUND7 and Luftrum. :)

---
Last edited by themerx on Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Another one I forgot earlier, Fred from SubsonicArtz
Ben H wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:45 am Most of my favourites have already been mentioned by others in this thread, so I'm going to nominate a few more that haven't been mentioned.

In no particular order:

Zak (PatchAdamz) - VintageSynthPads
Jaap Visser - Triple Spiral Audio
Vin - MIDIssonanace
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Richard Devine is definitely up there.

Lennard from LennarDigital (Sylenth1, you know). People asked how to recreate a certain sound and Lennard delivered on spot. Amazing skills.

Other than that I like Zentralmassiv, to me the only one who knows to handle MPowersynth right, and Bmanic for his FX presets in Timeless (Fabfilter). Never forgot his name only because of this.

So many good sound designers, excelling in different areas with different tools.
A diffinitve top 10 is like asking what is the best compressor or the best daw.

Some I have *recently* drawn inspiration from:
Le Lotus Bleu
Venus Theory
leap into void
Some nameless dude from YouTube (amazing modular patch)

For me first and foremost and second to none - Simon Stockhausen, plain freakin' genius :party: ... followed by Bigtone, Daniel 'Status' Stawczyk, Nori Ubukata, ...

Lots of excellent sound designers mentioned!

For effects (reverbs, delays, mutif-fx) Steve at Synth-Presets is great.
For sample based stuff, Eduardo Tarilonte is tasty.
For pads and vintage stuff, vintagesynthpads.com
For weird tweaky stuff Ian boddy
For more sample based sounds Sample Logic
Tons of other good ones already mentioned.

atya wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 am For me first and foremost and second to none - Simon Stockhausen, plain freakin' genius :party: ... followed by Bigtone, Daniel 'Status' Stawczyk, Nori Ubukata, ...
Simon is pretty amazing. I get the sense he does this more for the art and the love of it than for hard cash. :-)

That's an understatement, btw.

He reminds me of a Picasso, just playing about with the form. I hope he doesn't take that as an insult.

He has that 'second sense' that you need to be a great sound-designer. He does incredible work. I think he just knows his way about pretty well by now. He can translate his talents across the board to new architectures. He certainly dabbles in a diverse range of synth/sampling manipulation.

I would definitely put him in the top 10.

Give me him and BigTone, and I will defeat whatever army you have in the sound design stakes for my new Hollywood Blockbuster film.

But never mind all that. I think the two of them, if put together in a team, could make some of the greatest music ever heard.

+1 for Howard Scarr! Everything he's creating is gold, constantly amazed.
Video game music arrangements and compositions:
https://www.youtube.com/c/LordBifMusic

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”