Who are the top ten patch sound designers ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Simon Stockhausen aka Sampleconstruct, Luftrum, and Yuroun.
Yes

Plus:

biomechanoid
Mikael Adle (Leap into the Void)
Matt Bowdler (The Unfinished)
Howard Scarr
Joseph Hollo
Tim Conrady
Artvera

That's my top ten

although I could add more (Honourable mentions) - Pendle Poucher (Sounddust) for example, Brandon Clark, Jomal, Himalaya....
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun May 28, 2017 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

All sound designers mentioned already or did we had forgotten one? :clown:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

BUNJA wrote:
ZentralmassivSound wrote:Manuel Schleis hasn't been named yet??? Is he still active?
That's the vengeance guy innit ? forgot about him his drums are the best for electronic stuff
Ah right. So he is indeed active, and imho within the top edge of the top ten.

waltercruz wrote:Luftrum. Even did a demo for one of his soundsets (SPAM!) :oops: :)

Leap into the Void. Would love to use his Bazille patches but... I don't have Bazille. :dog:
Would bazille patches work in the cut down bazille cm or bazille beat edition ,
------------
Name: 4737 bunja sir

https://soundcloud.com/george-bunja-clarkson

murnau wrote:All sound designers mentioned already or did we had forgotten one? :clown:
We forget GOGOi.

I received some ad from ADSRSounds with a promo of his patches for Massive for downtempo. It was a good surprise, even if these patches are different from the ones that I constantly use, it changed my view of Massive (always thought about Massive as an EDM/Dubstep machine)

I agree with many of the listings for synths.
For FX plugins (reverbs, delays, multi FX) hands down Steve from Synth-Presets.
The guys a wizard.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Three of my top ten (alongside some of those mentioned above) would be:

Jay de Miceli - for Waldorf
Patrick Bitley - for various software and hardware
Frank Dierickx - for various software and hardware

I'm also digging the work of Arksun and The Unshushable Coktor, in Repro-1.

Three pages and no one has mentioned Eric Persing yet?! :o
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Three pages and no one has mentioned Eric Persing yet?! :o
Good point, actually I also like Diego Stocco

Some folks got skills, but they ain't everyone's cup of tea, what I dig about some sound designers is how well they made their patches to be used in musical&mix context, not to wow you played in isolation/on their own.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Some folks got skills, but they ain't everyone's cup of tea, what I dig about some sound designers is how well they made their patches to be used in musical&mix context, not to wow you played in isolation/on their own.
I think that's what separates the good from the so-so sound designers. Especially many factory presets are absolutely unusable for me in any musical context. At least i wouldn't know how to use them in it... others - immediately usable.

+1 Like that guy who made the presets for OnePingOnly. Genius.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

The unfinished, luftrum and mode audio are my favorites.
dedication to flying

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”